Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m about to board the plane for San Diego for my surgery tomorrow at BariatricPal MX with Dr. Jalil Ilian. Surprisingly not at all hungry on Clear Liquids.

Good luck

Best of luck!!

Anyone else having surgery in April? Maybe we can find surgery twins here. I thought I could start it off by asking a few questions.

When is your surgery? April 4th
What kind of surgery? Revision from sleeve to Mini Gastric Bypass
Height? 5’8”
Starting weight? 285
Goal weight? 175

1st time poster, long term stalker

Date April 22
Sleeve procedure
Height? 5'11"
Starting weight? 310
Goal weight? 205

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

21 hours ago, beautifuldaymonster said:

Home and in my own bed. Pain is pretty much minimal, almost gone. I can't imagine eating anything. Sipping is a little challenging because all I want to do is sleep! Walking and bending are easy though.

yea I an an April 1 surgery too. sipping small enough is a challenge for me. and yes I am so tired.

I am not really in pain, just have trouble getting comfortable.

I am not getting in all my Protein yet, but attempting to get Water in. I hear that staves off nausea.

Keep updating! Hope you and I are just a little better tomorrow

Saw my surgeon today for the final visit before Tuesday, does anyone else have to have shots after surgery? I have to give myself a shot for three days when I am home it’s a blood thinner not heparin it starts with a L I also have to drink potassium and take Pepcid for 4 months

3 minutes ago, Pattianne said:

yea I an an April 1 surgery too. sipping small enough is a challenge for me. and yes I am so tired.

I am not really in pain, just have trouble getting comfortable.

I am not getting in all my Protein yet, but attempting to get Water in. I hear that staves off nausea.

Keep updating! Hope you and I are just a little better tomorrow

Me too, I am sending you best wishes too. As for me, I finally released some gas today, apparently that's a milestone and a big deal. Just sipping, walking and sleeping. The worst part of this is just the boredom. Laying around, thinking about Protein and dehydration, or reading. I like the idea of eating "real food", but tbh if a whole platter of Chinese food was in front of me I wouldn't want it. Before surgery, Chinese food was my favorite food, my total downfall, lol! Now I don't know what I like anymore. I want to chew on something salty but all food is disgusting right now. Hope it lasts! Best wishes to everybody here.

5 minutes ago, Romanoloser said:

Saw my surgeon today for the final visit before Tuesday, does anyone else have to have shots after surgery? I have to give myself a shot for three days when I am home it’s a blood thinner not heparin it starts with a L I also have to drink potassium and take Pepcid for 4 months

I got hit with a lot of heparin shots yesterday but they made me drink some phosphorus and potassium. Maybe your blood came back a little low?

No everyone that is in they’re program has to do the same thing, well for the bypass

How are you feeling

17 minutes ago, Romanoloser said:

I have to do blood thinner for 2 weeks. They didn’t give me the rest at my appointment on the 27th and I have no more appointments before Tuesday.