Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 3/26/2019 at 7:08 PM, Jennifer22672 said:

There are quite a few of us on April 11 😃

So true!! Mine is April 11th as well!! I’m excited and nervous my doctor only required a week of preop diet but I’m going to 2 weeks

Congratulations and best of luck for the best of recoveries to all of you 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

On 3/29/2019 at 5:46 PM, crigney21 said:

I just got the email from my hospital that my surgery check-in is Monday at 5:30 AM. I have such a crazy mix of emotions. I'm nervous, sad, excited, nervous again, and a little panicked (is that the same thing as nervous). I've been working toward this for the last year and I know I want it, I know I need it, but that doesn't seem to calm the butterflies in my stomach.

Any words of encouragement or stories about your improved life quality would be AMAZING right now.

Encouragement? Well, I feel the same!!! :) I check in at 5:45 so we are REALLY going to be surgery twins. I am mostly packed. and just trying to push Monday out of my head!. I think we waited sooooo long that it is crazy to think the day is almost here. I wish you the best, and lets keep in touch. Good luck...

Patti

Hi all, I am new here. I'm an April surgery.

When is your surgery? April 1st (I know)
What kind of surgery? RNY Gastric Bypass
Height? 5’6”
Starting weight? 255
Goal weight? 180

Hugs to you both! Don't forget your phone or tablet chargers... here we gooooooooooooo

On 2/20/2019 at 3:32 PM, CajunSam said:

Anyone else having surgery in April? Maybe we can find surgery twins here. I thought I could start it off by asking a few questions.

When is your surgery? April 4th
What kind of surgery? Revision from sleeve to Mini Gastric Bypass
Height? 5’8”
Starting weight? 285
Goal weight? 175

CajunSam!! You are not alone! I am here with you... (Sorry, I had to get that out) My surgery is 11 April 2019.

5 hours ago, PurpleBloom said:

Hi everyone!

I'm so sorry I'm late to the discussion. :( I've wanted to join you here since February but my dietician discouraged me and I listened to her. I really regret it now. It's so hard to find people in "real life" that understand what's about to happen. Even those who I thought were "getting it" are proving to be a disappointment. I was talking to a good friend today about how hard the first few days of the liquid diet has been and she said "oh yeah, I know, just like stopping alcohol." Well, I've never done that, but I don't think so. Alcohol isn't necessary to maintain life; food is.

Anyhow, I wish everyone here wellness and courage! :)

My surgery is April 9th. From what I can tell that makes me #6? I'm nervous, scared, wondering if I'm doing the right thing. My main goal is not weight loss but putting diabetes into remission and my surgeon assures me that based on what has happened during my preop period I will leave the hospital on no diabetes meds!! :o (During the time between my first visit with him and last visit 5 months later, I worked really hard, got my eating disorder into remission, started eating intuitively, started exercising regularly, lost 30 pounds and cut my insulin need in half. A primary care doc asked me if I wouldn't like to keep on that path for a while before going for surgery but I said no, I don't think weight loss alone offers very good odds at ditching diabetes.)

I've struggled pretty intensely with this liquid diet at times. I have a personality that wants to know all the whys (beyond just shrinking the liver and getting used to eating less) and I feel like my dietician has been a bit less than forthcoming. I finally got her to explain that it puts us into ketosis and now that I've done some reading about ketosis and understand that my body and brain aren't being STARVED, I'm feeling less anxious and better able to tolerate the discomfort.

Again, I'm so sorry to arrive late.

Oh, and to answer the questions, I think they show up on the sidebar (I'm new to the forum stuff), except that I don't know a goal weight, isn't that nuts? No one ever discussed it and I didn't think to ask. :o

Welcome to April club:) you have several people with you on the 9th!! Good luck

32 minutes ago, beautifuldaymonster said:

Hi all, I am new here. I'm an April surgery.

When is your surgery? April 1st (I know)
What kind of surgery? RNY Gastric Bypass
Height? 5’6”
Starting weight? 255
Goal weight? 180

We are almost identical in starting weight. My surgery is Monday also. I'm having a sleeve done.

Height 5'5 1/2"

Starting weight 254 this morning

No idea about goal weight. Several years ago I dropped to 181. People said my face was too thin at that weight but I think I would like to get below that weight. I'm playing it by ear depending on how I feel. Good luck with your procedure. Will look forward to hearing about your success.

3 minutes ago, Colorado Cowgirl said:

We are almost identical in starting weight. My surgery is Monday also. I'm having a sleeve done.

Height 5'5 1/2"

Starting weight 254 this morning

No idea about goal weight. Several years ago I dropped to 181. People said my face was too thin at that weight but I think I would like to get below that weight. I'm playing it by ear depending on how I feel. Good luck with your procedure. Will look forward to hearing about your success.

Wow! The two of us are definitely surgery twins! Looking forward to hearing your success stories too... the two of us, and a few others here, are about to finally break free and grab a chance at being healthy again. I don't really care how different my face looks... I got a blood lab result this year of "prediabetes" and that was it. I asked for surgery and was approved pretty fast because I had several comorbidities. Now it's been weeks of pre-surgery diet, lots of tests (my surgeon gave me a handwritten test about RNY! I passed it though, very proud), and almost there. How funny we both have the same surgery date. I go in at 11:15, surgery is 1:15. I will be pulling for you Cowgirl... I've spent the last few weeks very excited trying to pick an exercise activity I'll FINALLY get to give my time to... I cannot wait! Our moment is almost here! 45 more hours...!

59 minutes ago, beautifuldaymonster said:

Wow! The two of us are definitely surgery twins! Looking forward to hearing your success stories too... the two of us, and a few others here, are about to finally break free and grab a chance at being healthy again. I don't really care how different my face looks... I got a blood lab result this year of "prediabetes" and that was it. I asked for surgery and was approved pretty fast because I had several comorbidities. Now it's been weeks of pre-surgery diet, lots of tests (my surgeon gave me a handwritten test about RNY! I passed it though, very proud), and almost there. How funny we both have the same surgery date. I go in at 11:15, surgery is 1:15. I will be pulling for you Cowgirl... I've spent the last few weeks very excited trying to pick an exercise activity I'll FINALLY get to give my time to... I cannot wait! Our moment is almost here! 45 more hours...!

Wow we are twins separated at birth! I was prediabetic last summer and that started the ball rolling. Recently my kidney function has dropped and I have chronic kidney disease. They say I won't be able to raise that number but I can stop the decline. I have been exercising most of my life so would be happy to share my favorite activities. Check in for me is 12:30 with 2:30 lift off to a longer, healthier life. I'll be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way!

Hi,

I like things explained to me also for the reasons why, not just told, here do it.

I’m glad you got your answer.

Don’t be sorry, you are not late - arrived just when you needed to.

Take a deep breath, about a goal weight, take your time. I had the same nerves about should I be doing this, is it the right thing. All I can say is I somehow came to accept it. Because I’ve done my research on the Dr, I’ve struggled too long trying to lose weight on my own. I realise there is a lot to learn and plenty of things ahead that are unknown, however, just taking one step at a time. It was also helpful for me to listen to a lady on YouTube who documented her sleeve surgery. She went into detail and was intelligent and balanced about her approach. It gave a firsthand insight as to what it was like at each stage. I’ll find the link and add it on here for you.

there are movie vlogs on her YouTube ch.

wishing you all all the best @PurpleBloom

I’m new here. My date is April 1st!

Sleeve

5’10

CW 240

GW 160