Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

30 minutes ago, MaddiesMomma said:

@selmeeka makes five of us!!
I’m doing ok, dr only had me doing low fat until surgery so after a few good funerals I’m getting in track! I think I’ll do more liquid diet meals this last week though just to make sure I’m ready! Had my Pshyc eval today and I’m cleared for surgery!!

Ah nice one , I’m sure we’ll be a support for each other. I’ve not been asked to do liquid at all so just sticking to very low cal liver shrinking diet , I’ve been doing it almost five weeks now due to cancelled surgery , I’m hoping it doesn’t get cancelled again as my bmi was 40 but will be less now as I’ve definitely lost weight during this past five weeks , but the diet isn’t sustainable as it’s so low in calories and goodness and I’m quite hungry at times.

Congrats! I’m fairly new here too. I start pre-op diet next week. At the beach for baseball this week. Trying to not gain any weight! Packed my Protein Shakes.
I know the feeling. I passed on birthday cake last weekend! That's my weakness. My pre-op diet starts next Thursday the 4th if all goes well at my appt on the 3rd. I haven't been really successful losing a bunch of weight. I only managed to lose about 8 lbs but am fearing I'll show a gain because I'm being graced with monthy Water weight next week. About 10 lbs ever month like clockwork. Goes away a few days later. [emoji45]

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Newbie here. My surgery is April 1st. I am not nervous about the surgery itself but am more worried about life after. I am very excited about what lies ahead for me. Good luck with your surgery!

6 hours ago, I Am Groot said:

Not as well on my end, but not too bad, either. I'm on day 6 of the 2 week liquid diet and some days, I experience true hunger, which in my opinion, is a wee be torturous. LOL. I have supplemented with a few ounce of mahi once per day, but will eliminate the practice altogether once I'm 7 days out.

The one thing that surprised me is that I'm not craving sugar/carbs.

I agree the true hunger is torturing! Your post made me realize I am also not craving sugar and carbs which I thought would happen but kinda forgot about.

Good afternoon fellow April Sleevers! I have finally been assigned a VSG surgery date: April 24, 2019. Yay. I am so excited and still so very nervous.

Height: 5'6"
SW: 356.2
Goal: 150

I'm having surgery in Portland, Oregon and Dr. Valerie Halpin is my surgeon.

2 hours ago, pmreardon said:

Good afternoon fellow April Sleevers! I have finally been assigned a VSG surgery date: April 24, 2019. Yay. I am so excited and still so very nervous.

Height: 5'6"
SW: 356.2
Goal: 150

I'm having surgery in Portland, Oregon and Dr. Valerie Halpin is my surgeon.

Good luck surgery twin!! I’m the 24th too. It’s going to be a great day!!

Whoa, I am feeling it today. This is the fourth day of the pre-op liquid diet, and it is hitting me today like a ton of bricks.

On the plus side, my morning weight this AM was 340.2 (my pre-diet weight fluctuated from 345 - 352, which was a 25+ drop from my peak weight of 376).

2 minutes ago, Marc M. said:

Whoa, I am feeling it today. This is the fourth day of the pre-op liquid diet, and it is hitting me today like a ton of bricks.

On the plus side, my morning weight this AM was 340.2 (my pre-diet weight fluctuated from 345 - 352, which was a 25+ drop from my peak weight of 376).

I was feeling pretty rough on Day 3-4 last week. I am on Day 11 and it is a bit easier but I have been getting more sleep too. Congrats on the loss maybe that can be motivation when you aren't feeling the liquid diet.

From your number you are doing great so far. When is your surgery date?