Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 04/27/2019 at 17:03, mrblond said:

Had mine on 4/23. Sofar so good. my only issues is the pressure after drinking. The pain is not bad, its more of a dull unpleasant feeling. I am very happy I am not running into alot of the issues others seem to be having with the nausaua or Constipation. I am getting down more then enough Water between Water, tea and Soup.

I also find I feel better when up and walking then when sitting.

One question, do your surgeons forbid you from having any pain relief other then acetaminophen ? I know all the programs are different and I am wondering if mine is overly cautious or not

I did not have restrictions! I have a spasm medicine and oxy but the spasm is helping much more than the oxy. I’ve quit taking the narcotics.

Had mine on 4/23. Sofar so good. my only issues is the pressure after drinking. The pain is not bad, its more of a dull unpleasant feeling. I am very happy I am not running into alot of the issues others seem to be having with the nausaua or Constipation. I am getting down more then enough Water between water, tea and Soup.< br> I also find I feel better when up and walking then when sitting.
One question, do your surgeons forbid you from having any pain relief other then acetaminophen ? I know all the programs are different and I am wondering if mine is overly cautious or not
We have the same surgery date. Glad you're doing well, and I'm sure it'll keep improving. As for the piano meds, my surgeon instructed only Tylenol#3 if pain is too much, but Tylenol extra strength if it's barrable. Was told ibuprofen can cause ulcers. Best of luck!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using BariatricPal mobile app

8 hours ago, mrblond said:

Had mine on 4/23. Sofar so good. my only issues is the pressure after drinking. The pain is not bad, its more of a dull unpleasant feeling. I am very happy I am not running into alot of the issues others seem to be having with the nausaua or Constipation. I am getting down more then enough Water between Water, tea and Soup.

I had my surgery on 04/26 and I was given gabapentin 300mg in addition to Tylenol. Pain is not a big issue but getting in the water and Protein is quite challenging. Are you struggling with pain? If you do communicate with your doctor because I’m sure pain management is very important part in the healing process. The opioids/narcotic meds are slowing down the motility in your intestines and you may get constipation, nausea and be bloated longer.

However, if you are in pain it makes it more difficult to get the fluids down, walk and rest. Reach out to the doctor if that is the case for you. Good luck and stay strong, it will get better.

13 hours ago, mrblond said:

My surgery was 4/24 and I was getting the heavy pressure with swallowing, I started taking slightly smaller sips and paying attention to my body position when swallowing and as long as I was vertical, even when sitting, or just like you, walking, the Fluid went down just fine. If I was the slightest bit bent of slouched I would feel that pressure.

I was given Oxy for pain but stopped that after the hospital and am just using liquid Tylenol as needed, walking 1 mile 2X per day seems to help alleviate the pain for me

Hope you feel better soon

17 hours ago, crigney21 said:

Has anyone else had issues with diarrhea? I can’t keep anything in my body longer than a couple hours. 80% of the day I feel fine, but after I eat I get cramps and diarrhea. It’s not dumping, no rapid heart rate or sweating. But I feel like I have the flu.

Same issue here, it is the gas leaving your body, coupled with the Clear Liquids only, once all the excess gas moves out and your diet progresses this will end. Walk, walk and more walking will help speed this process

Yep. My surgery was 4.23.19. How are the other April people doing after?

Did anyone also get a hiatal hernia repair while in there? I did but as a surprise.

Edited by Reader0616

I had surgery on the 25th. Getting my fluids has been a challenge. Anything that is room temperature tastes salty and metallic, and is difficult to get down. Warm and cold liquids are way easier. To help, we picked up a teeny little electric cooler for my shakes, it made a huge difference. Tomorrow my husband is bringing home a cup warmer to keep my tea and broth warm. This challenge took me off guard, as I’ve always loved Water, and I’ve been fine with ion temp beverages before.

Edited by AngieBear

I had surgery on the 25th. Getting my fluids has been a challenge. Anything that is room temperature tastes salty and metallic, and is difficult to get down. Warm and cold liquids are way easier. To help, we picked up a teeny little electric cooler for my shakes, it made a huge difference. Tomorrow my husband is bringing home a cup warmer to keep my tea and broth warm. This challenge took me off guard, as I’ve always loved Water, and I’ve been fine with ion temp beverages before.
I've only had a problem with being hungry. I'm going tomorrow to buy pure Protein & broth to help me get past this stage.

Sent from my SM-J727P using BariatricPal mobile app

Yeah there seems to be a little difference in aftercare advice in the UK compared to the US stories, so its been really great hearing what aftercare advice you have been given and I've tried to implement it too, as no mention of number of steps but advice to start walking. Same advice, just a little less specific I guess on certain measurements.
I saw this article today about someone that had a sleeve done and it made me feel motivated so thought I would share incase anyone else needs a little pick me up : https://www.upworthy.com/this-woman-is-brutally-honest-about-what-it-looks-like-to-lose-100-plus-pounds-twice?c=aah&fbclid=IwAR3p5X6NnMwJGoL809ecPZ0epFAp1qoxI-wIlCanDyIOt-d-xfZckL2qY-U

Hi are you UK based? Me too and I had VSG on Saturday. I am a bit concerned by how differently it's done in the US - I've had WAY less information about precise Fluid quantity/number of steps etc. How are you doing? X

VSG 27th April 2019
Starting weight 120kg