Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 minutes ago, naiad said:
27 minutes ago, NMlorena said:

Mine was yesterday, April 23rd. The night was rough due to some trapped air but mostly goes away by walking and sippin on some Water.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes! I was the same way! I had mine yesterday.

The first few days to a week are rough! Take it slow, follow your surgeons plan (most likely sip, sip, sip and walk, walk, walk) and give your bodies time to heal . You’ve been through a lot but it’s SO worth it!! Congratulations and welcome to the Losers Bench 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

On 4/23/2019 at 10:16 AM, ErinshayWV said:

My date is for GBS is April 30th! Anybody out there a surgery twin date?

Mine too!! Excited to have a Twin!! Good Luck and be looking forward to sharing progress💜

Thanks NMLorena - will keep all that information in mind - Hang in there - The Beat is Yet to come🦋

On 04/24/2019 at 10:33, amagee said:

My sleeve was April 4. I dropped weight the first week but have not lost any in the past 10 days. A pound down, a pound up. Has this happened to anyone else?
I am right there with you! Surgery date was 4/11. I’ve gone from 252 day of surgery to 236 this past Sunday and haven’t dropped anything since. I’m getting a little concerned since I thought this first month was supposed to be the most and then it slows down in like 3-4 months.

On 3/22/2019 at 11:30 PM, angie_is_losing_it said:

I started my period the day of my surgery. So the entire time I was in the hospital I was bleeding really heavily, the pain was unbearable even with medicine. I couldn't do any walking because I would almost pass out every time I tried to stand up. I could hardly make it to the commode to go to the bathroom. I couldn't wipe myself. I bled everywhere. It's been 11 days and I am doing better, but there was a point there at the beginning that I didnt know how I was going to get through it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Ugh, I just started mine today and my surgery is tomorrow! I was worrying about the same thing about wiping and being able to change tampons. Sorry to hear you had a rough start.

I’m going in tomorrow, the 25th!!!

Keep consistently moving forward even if baby steps, it does eventually smooth and straighten out to your benefit. Make that banana pouch your friebd, you are together forever!

On 4/24/2019 at 9:12 AM, Terrapin said:

Off to the hospital

My stats as of today

Heaviest 375#

Consult: 338#

5 months pre-op 295.5 -42.5#

Surgery done, back home yesterday. Sipping and walking, never knew how hard it would be to swallow tiny sips, but getting through it

3 minutes ago, Terrapin said:

Surgery done, back home yesterday. Sipping and walking, never knew how hard it would be to swallow tiny sips, but getting through it

promise it gets better really it does

3 days post op! How is everyones recovery journey? Have a little discomfort when eating but I think thats normal at this stage. Worried about how little Water I am drinking, sipping all day but hardly getting more than 2 glasses. Should I be concerned?