Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my surgery on 04/05 at Blossom Bariatrics in Las Vegas. Day of surgery was rough but I’m definitely better today after IV therapy.

@sleeveandleanineugene I’m so glad you’re doing well! I will be at Blossom in about 10 days!! Why was surgery day rough? Was it just a hard recovery?

@Kristinqtpie - it was rough because of the gas pains that settled in my shoulder and the unexpected hiatal hernia repair that Dr. Apel took care of. One day of rough and now I’m feeling pretty good. The IV therapy made a tremendous difference. The entire staff at Blossom and Warm Springs Surgical center were amazing!

@sleevedandleanineugene that’s so good to hear!! I’m glad you’re feeling better too. My surgery is with Dr. Umbach but I hear he’s good as well. I’m excited for you!

My surgery date is April 24th. I am nervous and yet excited. I know the future will be different and that scared me a bit, trying to wrap my mind around it. I see a therapist, so I have that under control. Most everyone on this thread has had surgery. I hope you are each healing well and stick around to give feedback and encouragement. My surgery is in Portland, Oregon with Dr. Valerie Halpin. She is fantastic.

On 4/9/2019 at 3:15 PM, pmreardon said:

My surgery date is April 24th. I am nervous and yet excited. I know the future will be different and that scared me a bit, trying to wrap my mind around it. I see a therapist, so I have that under control. Most everyone on this thread has had surgery. I hope you are each healing well and stick around to give feedback and encouragement. My surgery is in Portland, Oregon with Dr. Valerie Halpin. She is fantastic.

I’m the day after you, at Good Samaritan in Corvallis. The program has been great so far. I’m coming to peace with the surgery, taking walks and trying to stay busy.

Best of luck to you.

Edited by AngieBear

Hi everyone, I had surgery on 4/1. I’m on day two of puréed food. I was wondering if anyone is around the same time diet wise as I am. Puréed is much harder than I thought it would be. I can only get a few tiny spoons in at a time. I’m trying to stick with 3 meals plus 2 Snacks a day but I’m really not getting much. Any suggestions??

Hello, my surgery date is on April 22nd and i have been waiting for this day since last summer. I live in NJ but my surgery is at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in New York City. I am currently on a two week liquid and raw veggie diet. The days are speeding by fast. I have no idea what I am getting myself into. I have done my research and have read the forums and prayed from time to time but reading is different from actually having the surgery and experiencing post op and beyond. This is going to be a new journey for real. I pray that I stick with what I need to do to succeed. I am very thankful to the"Bariatric Pal" app. Is there any other person having the surgery on the same day and/ or at the same hospital?

Edited by wilsntomas