Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New and needing advice



Recommended Posts

Hi all.

Im in week 3 and struggling. I just dont know if its normal to be feeling so rough.

Most wounds have healed. Belly button wound is weaping. Main surgical area is so painful. Sharp stabbing pains and skin so sore.

Im feeling sick all the time and struggling with everything. Drink food and the awful pills.

Google just keeps saying a leak or Intussusception.

Any advice or experiences would be great x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Lee1313 said:

Hi all.

Im in week 3 and struggling. I just dont know if its normal to be feeling so rough.

Most wounds have healed. Belly button wound is weaping. Main surgical area is so painful. Sharp stabbing pains and skin so sore.

Im feeling sick all the time and struggling with everything. Drink food and the awful pills.

Google just keeps saying a leak or Intussusception.

Any advice or experiences would be great x

Contact surgeon ASAP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When i told then a week ago they didnt seem concerned at all. This is whats making feel stupid contacting them again. 😪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for replying. Ill message the bariatric nurses again tommorow and see and they say. All so worrying and didnt know if anyone else had experienced theae things. Xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's crazy how may people end up with serious problems like blood clots or leaks so you definitely want to be the squeaky wheel if you're concerned. Better safe than sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you. They say id be more unwell if i had a leak. Ive messaged them however. Doesnt help i live so far away from the hospital x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I messaged my team SEVERAL times in my first few weeks out of surgery, sometimes several times a week. I know they probably thought that I was an annoying hypochondriac but they were kind and patient and helpful every time I got in touch, and I felt better keeping them in the loop and checking in rather than worrying on my own with dr. Google telling me catastrophic news. Never hesitate to be in touch with them and ask!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am 3 weeks today and I can say I feel pretty good....been at work for two weeks, doing normal activity (within reason), so if i were you i'd be banging down their door until they listen. Maybe you have an infection- your incision shouldn't be weaping at this point...mine are all fully healed and you can barely see them. I am using coconut oil on them also and it seems to be helping the scars already. So in comparison, I would definitely want to see a doctor if I were you. If they won't listen...call your PCP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you. Im seeing my local nurse this afternoon. I cant believe how well u have healed. Most of my wounds have but belly button hasnt and main area is do sore. Hopefully ill get somewhere with this nurse. Thank u for answering me. Xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lee1313 said:

Thank you. Im seeing my local nurse this afternoon. I cant believe how well u have healed. Most of my wounds have but belly button hasnt and main area is do sore. Hopefully ill get somewhere with this nurse. Thank u for answering me. Xx

Let us know how you make out please...I am definitely still healing on the inside and around 2pm I want to lay my head down and take a looooong nap in my office, but overall I feel really good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the nurse took a swab of my belly button wound. She doesnt think the rest is infected and chest sounds clear. Im coughing lots and hurts. So suppose it has got to be the healing. She said sometimes sticky stuff is produces due to the air that gets in and it can be painful.

So grin and bare it i suppose for now. Hurts to go out and move more than when i first had it done x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lee1313 said:

So the nurse took a swab of my belly button wound. She doesnt think the rest is infected and chest sounds clear. Im coughing lots and hurts. So suppose it has got to be the healing. She said sometimes sticky stuff is produces due to the air that gets in and it can be painful.

So grin and bare it i suppose for now. Hurts to go out and move more than when i first had it done x

Take some liquid tylenol if you are not- you can find it at Walgreens .....

and if you have a heating pad try that. I did use one for a little the one day when I was just sore and achey feeling and it felt great. Feel better!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×