Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any 4' 11 Bypassers?

Hey all,

I'm still in pre-op. Waiting to meet with the Bariatric Psychologist to final clearance. I believe I will meet with my surgeon for the consult after this. Everything else, is in order. As many of you, I'm so excited and nervous, all at the same time. Things couldn't possibly move along fast enough, I just want that surgery date already! (I've prepped all my liquids and pureed foods. I've also been practicing taking all my supplements for the last two and a half weeks.)

I'm curious, is anyone else here short like me? (4' 11, to be exact.) If so, please share: How has your journey been? Did you notice the changes to your body early on or much later? How about other people? TFS, in advance!

silly.gif

I'm 153cm which is 5foot! My journey is different to yours though as I had a band first , had that removed and revised to RNY a month ago

Love short girls :)

I am also 4’11 exactly. April 20 will be my 2 year Surgeversary. The day of surgery i weighed 248.9 so I was as wide as I was tall. I wore a tight size 22 pants and a 2x top. I went into surgery that day convinced I would make it the best thing I had ever done for myself and it was. I made sure I logged everything I ate and drank for 16 months. I teally think that kept me doing my best. I am no saint. There were times I veered off the path a little but I wrote it snd even though they said not to weigh myself daily I did. I still do. The scale and I are now best friends. I wear a comfortable size 4 now and a 2 when I want something a little snug. Shirts are small or xs. My lowest weight was 113 but I am at 117 pretty steady. You will love your new life. You dont say how old you are. I hope you are younger than me. I was 65 when I had wls. My only regret is that I didnt do it sooner and enjoy a thin life long ago. Good luck to you. Keep posting. Keep going through the stalls. They too shall pass with determination. Get your Protein in. Drink what you can. BE HEALTHY AND ENJOY LIFE.

15 hours ago, elcee said:

I'm 153cm which is 5foot! My journey is different to yours though as I had a band first , had that removed and revised to RNY a month ago

Interesting! That means you're 1 month post op. Good luck, keep working hard! :)

9 hours ago, skinnydreamer16 said:

I am also 4’11 exactly. April 20 will be my 2 year Surgeversary. The day of surgery i weighed 248.9 so I was as wide as I was tall. I wore a tight size 22 pants and a 2x top. I went into surgery that day convinced I would make it the best thing I had ever done for myself and it was. I made sure I logged everything I ate and drank for 16 months. I teally think that kept me doing my best. I am no saint. There were times I veered off the path a little but I wrote it snd even though they said not to weigh myself daily I did. I still do. The scale and I are now best friends. I wear a comfortable size 4 now and a 2 when I want something a little snug. Shirts are small or xs. My lowest weight was 113 but I am at 117 pretty steady. You will love your new life. You dont say how old you are. I hope you are younger than me. I was 65 when I had wls. My only regret is that I didnt do it sooner and enjoy a thin life long ago. Good luck to you. Keep posting. Keep going through the stalls. They too shall pass with determination. Get your Protein in. Drink what you can. BE HEALTHY AND ENJOY LIFE.

Wow--that gives me so much hope! TFS. :) I'm 29, size 12 in pants and XL top. I've never been down to my teens, but I hope that with my surgery, I will be able to get below 120 lbs. You bring up a great point about writing down EVERYTHING---the good, the bad, and the ugly. I will take note!

I'm also exactly 4'11" tall. I'm not sure our height has anything to do with how fast we lose wt if that is what you are asking. I just know extra weight is noticeable quicker because it has no where to go except to make us wider! I had actually been losing wt for about a year before I had surgery but for some reason this time around no one said anything until I had lost about 30 lbs. Not sure what my ultimate goal will be as far as wt goes but health wise I've met my goals of no more meds for high BP and hemoglobin A1C is the lowest it's ever been. I also weigh every day but try not to concentrate on the number too much. I count my Sunday wt as my "current weight."