Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight loss with breast loss

Hello all this may sound like a silly question I am about a month out from gastric sleeve and all of a sudden I seem to have a fear of losing all my breast and regretting it. Sounds silly but I really just want to lose the weight at surgery weighing about 245 I want to be healthy but don’t want to have to do plastics but also don’t want to have no boobs at all. How was that for you all? Looking for thoughts

For me it was a trade off. I was still curved. Also the excess skin went into my bra - the result was still curved. The healthy me cared less about my breast size. Declaimed - I went for plastics.

Thank you! Yeah I just know I won’t be able to afford plastics but I don’t want my already imperfected breasts to be golf balls in a tall sock 🤪 I will be taking that chance still but hoping to hear that’s not always the case. So talk about reductions after to look more proportional but I always seem to lose there right along.

4 1/2 months post bypass and I've noticed lately that I have spaniel's ears on my chest. Mind you, I'm 56 years old and have had 3 babies. Oh, and I have always been a DD-E cup. I still am in that cup size, but without a bra it's pancake Tuesday every day!

Breasts are fatty tissue. If you carry extra weight in your chest, you will lose breast tissue.

If you anticipate this bothering you, start saving now for plastics. I have lost a lot of tissue and will definitely consider plastics after maintaining a stable weight.

Well I had breast cancer at the age of 40 back in ‘09 and made the choice after all the chemo and radiation that since one of them tried to kill me, I was done with them.
Before diagnosis, I was 230 pounds and still carrying G-cups. Since I had breast cancer, I got “free” reduction surgery and went from DDD to a B cup in a morning.
9 years later this is still the best decision I ever made, but the dramatic difference in my profile took some getting used to. I was actually heavier after chemo than before (gained 10 pounds) but now since I just got sleeved 3 weeks ago I do kinda wonder what’s going to happen to the lil ole Bs I have now.
I’m kinda worried that they will completely disappear, but if they do I know I’ll still be so much healthier for it

And it is easier to find bras that will help smoothly round you out as to find super- sized slingshot that aren't Grannys old white cotten, seek to cover in a pleasant manner and you don't have to take out a bank loan just to afford one m Asked why once, fitting woman said " My dear, at your size it isn't pure manufacture, it is also engineering!" I was peeved at such a statement but there was at least 5 or 6 grains of truth there.

On 03/10/2019 at 03:33, Frustr8 said:

And it is easier to find bras that will help smoothly round you out as to find super- sized slingshot that aren't Grannys old white cotten, seek to cover in a pleasant manner and you don't have to take out a bank loan just to afford one m Asked why once, fitting woman said " My dear, at your size it isn't pure manufacture, it is also engineering!" I was peeved at such a statement but there was at least 5 or 6 grains of truth there.
Yup! Which was exactly why I decided to take the reduction after all my chemo and radiation was finished at the end of 2010. The first time a worked out after breast reduction, I broke down and cried because could actually bend down and grab my ankles without fear of suffocation. 😂😂🤣🤣

Yeah I know how that feels, there were times I would get one trapped as I rolled over in bed, so now I turn on the side in stages, no more Side Flops for me.

I have larger breasts, even at a lower weight, but with age, gravity, and excess weight they are saggy, so I'm thinking about a breast lift when I reach my goal weight.

On 03/11/2019 at 20:15, GradyCat said:

I have larger breasts, even at a lower weight, but with age, gravity, and excess weight they are saggy, so I'm thinking about a breast lift when I reach my goal weight.

What an amazing gift to yourself that would be!