Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting prepped for surgery and they cant get an IV in me

Having lapband removed and bypass today. Nurses have attempted 2 IV’s and cant get it. Stressing me out.

29 minutes ago, Harborgurl said:

Having lapband removed and bypass today. Nurses have attempted 2 IV’s and cant get it. Stressing me out.

Took me 6 tries for an IV- eventually they used the doppler and anesthesia put it in. SUCKKKKKKKKED lol

Still bruised all over my arms.

Try to relax as best you can and they will get it.

On 02/15/2019 at 09:05, CurvyMom said:

Took me 6 tries for an IV- eventually they used the doppler and anesthesia put it in. SUCKKKKKKKKED lol

Anesthesiologist used ultrasound machine and was able to get it. My other arm now has huge hard hematoma.

Just now, Harborgurl said:
5 minutes ago, CurvyMom said:

Anesthesiologist used ultrasound machine and was able to get it. My other arm now has huge hard hematoma.

Glad that part is over- best of luck...you will be in your room and walking around before you know it!

Ouch! Anesthesia will step in. It was maybe the worst part of the whole thing. I think they tried like 14 different places on me. :(

3 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Ouch! Anesthesia will step in. It was maybe the worst part of the whole thing. I think they tried like 14 different places on me. :(

WHAT?? I would have probably said let's just re-schedule...not really lol. That's terrible though but it's all behind you and are doing FANTASTIC!! 🤩

7 hours ago, Harborgurl said:

attempted 2 IV’s and cant get it. Stressing me out.

@Harborgurl

i feel your pain😘

IV's are terrible!! (i have teeny weeny veins!) hopefully the

worst is behind you, enjoy your new bypass

speedy recovery

good luck

kathy

Glad you got it taken care of. How stressful, but you must be out by now. Congratulations!

My anaesthetist put a small cannula in my hand and told me he would swap it for a normal sized one once I was under

It took them a couple of hours last week poking and prodding me. Finally they used the ultrasound machine and called the aneasthesiologist to do it. I'm always an IV nightmare.

Still, you'll back on this a blip on your road to good health and all around fabulousness!

You're probably a bit dehydrated. Took several attempts for mine too - I have tricky veins. Just breathe and remember it'll be over soon. The pain is momentary - breathe through it.

Same! I always ask them to bring in the big guns right off the bat. I also needed an ultrasound machine for My VSG on Monday.

19 hours ago, Harborgurl said:

yeah have issues with mine all the time just for blood tests.

Ask for the senior nurse or the doctor and ask for the butterfly

3 hours ago, Mikeyy said:

yeah have issues with mine all the time just for blood tests.

Ask for the senior nurse or the doctor and ask for the butterfly

It’s an IV- no such thing as a butterfly for that.