Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting over with the Sleeve

I had lap band surgery in 2010 and it worked amazing until 2016 when my band slipped. My band was removed and I was told I would probably gain all the weight back and have to do another weight loss surgery.

I've been so depressed the past two years as I watched the scale go up and felt powerless. In August I decided to look into the Gastric Sleeve. I had my surgery on 2.7.19 and in many ways, it feels like starting over again. I am motivated to be successful and to have this be lasting weight loss this time.

Congratulations on your surgery and new journey !!

On 2/12/2019 at 7:21 PM, DanaC84 said:

Congratulations on your surgery and new journey !!

Thank you so much. I'm about 10 days in and so far so good. Good luck on your journey too!

22 hours ago, dndshepherd said:

Good news! You'll be back on track and happy in no time. Congratulations

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you. It's tough to feel like I'm starting over again but it was the best decision.

Best of luck in your new journey! I have faith you will do wonderfully. xoxo

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 6:07 PM, NYC_PAULA said:

I had lap band surgery in 2010 and it worked amazing until 2016 when my band slipped. My band was removed and I was told I would probably gain all the weight back and have to do another weight loss surgery.

I've been so depressed the past two years as I watched the scale go up and felt powerless. In August I decided to look into the Gastric Sleeve. I had my surgery on 2.7.19 and in many ways, it feels like starting over again. I am motivated to be successful and to have this be lasting weight loss this time.

Hello,

I am in your same boat x2 I originally had band place in 2005. Then revised in 2014, however it failed me again. Converted to sleeve on 02/18/2019. Hope it goes well for both of us post lap banders.

Hi Hi ! Hey, I'm in the same boat. Seems to be a band epidemic. [emoji6]. I got the band in 2014, all went well until 2017 and I had to have my gallbladder removed. I couldn't a d still can't handle a "fill* or "adjustment". I have gained 40lbs back [emoji53]. I'm on the road to having a conversion to the sleeve, hopefully I'll have it sometime in May. How's your weight loss coming with the sleeve?

On 2/27/2019 at 5:44 PM, Rene' S said:

Hello,

I am in your same boat x2 I originally had band place in 2005. Then revised in 2014, however it failed me again. Converted to sleeve on 02/18/2019. Hope it goes well for both of us post lap banders.

Best of luck. It sucks having to go through this again. I'm finding there are a lot of former lap banders here so it's nice having others to go through this new journey with.

On 2/27/2019 at 10:43 PM, mzchyll924 said:

Hi Hi ! Hey, I'm in the same boat. Seems to be a band epidemic. . I got the band in 2014, all went well until 2017 and I had to have my gallbladder removed. I couldn't a d still can't handle a "fill* or "adjustment". I have gained 40lbs back . I'm on the road to having a conversion to the sleeve, hopefully I'll have it sometime in May. How's your weight loss coming with the sleeve?

I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm doing okay. I'm three weeks post surgery and have lost about 18 pounds so far. It feels slower this time but it actually isn't. I noticed last time I'd have weight loss almost every day that first month. This time it will look like I've stalled for a few days but then I'll get on the scale and it will be down a couple of pounds. I'm trying to weigh myself once a week instead of daily to help with my mindset. I'm also seeing a therapist while I'm going through this again which is really helpful along with the group meetings at my surgeon's practice.

Best of luck with your surgery and new journey.