Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bypass Buddies

9 hours ago, BariatricBarb said:

Hey all. Was wondering what your weight loss is since surgery. Mine was March 12, and I’ve lost barely 30lbs. How are you all doing?

I’m down 44 lbs, but it’s been a struggle. I still have a ton of food aversions and still haven’t figured out the I’m full feeling and continue to take one more bite, which leads to dumping...I’ve done this three times while at work, so not pretty. LOL 😝

5 minutes ago, Pug-Mom-Patti said:

When was your surgery?

I’m down 44 lbs, but it’s been a struggle. I still have a ton of food aversions and still haven’t figured out the I’m full feeling and continue to take one more bite, which leads to dumping...I’ve done this three times while at work, so not pretty. LOL 😝

8 minutes ago, RachaelLou said:

Two months ago, March 8th.

It has been 9 weeks since I started my preop diet and I have lost 51lbs. 17 before surgery and 34 since surgery. Super proud of myself. This hasn’t been an easy journey bc I have such a sensitive system, but I have no regrets.

18 hours ago, RachaelLou said:

I’m having trouble with Water too. I’m also having major trouble with Protein. The only thing I’m actually good at is Vitamins. I hope this gets easier.

GENEPRO powdered, unflavored Protein is wonderful for anyone who struggles with getting their protein requirement. I put it in my morning coffee and that gives me 30 grams right off the bat. The 30 gram scoop is much smaller than other whey Proteins that I've used and it is 100% undetectable! I've put it in Soups, casseroles, sugar free pudding...you name it!

March 4th was the start of my pre-op diet, weighed in at 250 that day. March 18th was my surgery date, 247 that day. May 4th I weighed 218, so 32 lbs total and 29 lbs from surgery. My app tells me I’m averaging .5 lbs a day. I’m pretty happy with it since nothing seemed to work at all before surgery!

Hey peeps ,I’m curious and wondering about the whole process on how this also changes our metabolism has anyone studied tht ? Like I heard tht this sleeve also does metabolic changes in our bodies as well? So far so good I haven’t had a stall other then the three week stall, but I’m finding tht I still can only eat about five bites and I’m done and I guess this is what I’m supposed to be eating because I’m losing weight but since I have started eating I’m not getting near my Water intake so stay thirsty ,and also I have never been a tea drinker and now I crave it I dk if it is cause I’m tired of water or if it is the caffeine ( I was a six pack of diet cokes or Pepsi before ) and I’m craving tacos like no other but I found tht I can do a taco salad and satisfy tht ,what are some of ur cravings and what do u try and eat instead ?

I’m like 7 weeks out. I had my surgery March 20th and barely lost 20 lbs.... I been on a 3 week stall which I am desperately trying to break. Started at 252 and now been at 232.8 for 3 weeks in a row. Getting all my Water and Protein requirements in and walking everyday.

I think I might be retaining a bit of Water the past couple days. My calorie count's been low and I've been hitting my Protein goal, but I managed to gain 3 lbs on my scale. Could also be a stall and my scale's been acting weird.

On 5/9/2019 at 11:15 AM, BariatricBarb said:

Hey all. Was wondering what your weight loss is since surgery. Mine was March 12, and I’ve lost barely 30lbs. How are you all doing?

March 18th almost 30lbs as well. 30 is amazing! I am praising God for every lb gone... I don't mind if the weight loss slows down due to sagging skin though.... I know this surgery works and time will keep us losing more. Congratulations to you!

My surgery was 3/23/19 Surgery day I was 274 I'm now 243