Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bypass Buddies

12 hours ago, bOrii305 said:

Two weeks in and I feel terrible. It hurts to walk even drinking is the worse. I already visited the emergency room a week after surgery because I couldn’t take it anymore. Advice please be careful taking a shower. I have to do it sitting down since I’ve already passed out.

I am three weeks and two days out. At two weeks, I was always dizzy, passed out several times and had a seizure once. The doctor told me to drink more Water, but I simply couldn't drink more than I was because I was always full and it wold hurt to eat or drink. The good news is that in the last week and a half I have improved dramatically--no more dizziness, and it's gotten so much easier to drink. Hang in there!

Had my surgery today! The RNY took 2.5 hours, and all went well! The worst part is no Water until tomorrow and I am so thirsty! I'll be here until Friday of the drinking goes well tomorrow. Best wishes to all who had surgery this month!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

16 minutes ago, Briswife15 said:

Had my surgery today! The RNY took 2.5 hours, and all went well! The worst part is no Water until tomorrow and I am so thirsty! I'll be here until Friday of the drinking goes well tomorrow. Best wishes to all who had surgery this month!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yeah, that was me yesterday. You will very much appreciate the liquids.

Briswife15, Welcome to the Fine Side of Town, I'm sure you will be happy here!

Five days post op and weighed on my home scaled down ten pounds although sure it’s Water weight at this point

Five days post op and weighed on my home scaled down ten pounds although sure it’s Water weight at this point

I had what is called the “safe sleeve “ only one place is pantened to do it tht is Bloosum Barriactics in Henderson Nevada ( hence the spelling errors ) it was pretty good he does remove the stomach but leaves many of the vessels in place making it safer and faster to heal highly recommend I paid 9,995 dollars and hotel was furnished suite along with black car and limo service provided the whole time

Officially home from the hospital. Also lost 3.2 lbs while in it.

Hi everyone - my surgery was on 3/18. Wanted to join the March group for some support! I wish I would have joined before my surgery as I was absolutely petrified of having surgery and was 2nd guessing the surgery I chose, but glad that part is behind me and just looking forward to the future!

24 minutes ago, Zahara98 said:

Hi everyone - my surgery was on 3/18. Wanted to join the March group for some support! I wish I would have joined before my surgery as I was absolutely petrified of having surgery and was 2nd guessing the surgery I chose, but glad that part is behind me and just looking forward to the future!

I feel you. My surgery was 3/4 and I was terrified. I was so happy that they whisked me in and put me out before I had a chance to freak out. Lol. How are you feeling?

6 minutes ago, SLCxn said:

I feel you. My surgery was 3/4 and I was terrified. I was so happy that they whisked me in and put me out before I had a chance to freak out. Lol. How are you feeling?

I am feeling really good, actually - I am surprised it has been as easy of a recovery as it has been so far (knock on wood). I only took narc pain meds the day of surgery only, then took tylenol for a few days and then haven't taken anything since about 3/21. I went back to work 3 days post op. I tell you what, I was bawling like a baby before surgery in front of my husband and parents. My surgeon was like, why are you crying? LOL. It is nerve wracking making this decision to have surgery and then the unknown. I was just so scared I wouldn't wake up.

I mainly am struggling with drinking - I get my 64 oz in, but I drank way more than that pre-surgery, so it has been a change. Also with knowing what exactly I should be eating - seems to just redundantly eat Oikos Triple Zero greek yogurt.

How are you feeling? Our stats are very similar for starting weight/height! Looking forward so seeing all of our progress!

5 minutes ago, Zahara98 said:

I am feeling really good, actually - I am surprised it has been as easy of a recovery as it has been so far (knock on wood). I only took narc pain meds the day of surgery only, then took tylenol for a few days and then haven't taken anything since about 3/21. I went back to work 3 days post op. I tell you what, I was bawling like a baby before surgery in front of my husband and parents. My surgeon was like, why are you crying? LOL. It is nerve wracking making this decision to have surgery and then the unknown. I was just so scared I wouldn't wake up.

I mainly am struggling with drinking - I get my 64 oz in, but I drank way more than that pre-surgery, so it has been a change. Also with knowing what exactly I should be eating - seems to just redundantly eat Oikos Triple Zero greek yogurt.

How are you feeling? Our stats are very similar for starting weight/height! Looking forward so seeing all of our progress!

I am ok. My recovery was excellent. I felt great at the week mark. I had trouble getting all my liquids down too. They moved me from purée to soft foods and unfortunately, I broke my no-vomit streak 🤢. So I’ve been scaled back to purée for another couple days. Weight loss was good and then stalled at the 3 week mark but it’s kicking back up, slowly (very slowly) but surely.

I had to laugh when you talk about crying. My pre op nurse has bypass and she held my hand and confirmed my decision and told me how my whole life was about to change and a balled like a 5 year old. My husband was laughing.

But all in all, great decision. And hats off to you - 3 days post op and back to work! You’re a better woman than me! Keep me posted on your status and feel good!

4 minutes ago, SLCxn said:

I am ok. My recovery was excellent. I felt great at the week mark. I had trouble getting all my liquids down too. They moved me from purée to soft foods and unfortunately, I broke my no-vomit streak 🤢. So I’ve been scaled back to purée for another couple days. Weight loss was good and then stalled at the 3 week mark but it’s kicking back up, slowly (very slowly) but surely.

I had to laugh when you talk about crying. My pre op nurse has bypass and she held my hand and confirmed my decision and told me how my whole life was about to change and a balled like a 5 year old. My husband was laughing.

But all in all, great decision. And hats off to you - 3 days post op and back to work! You’re a better woman than me! Keep me posted on your status and feel good!

You as well!

I am scared of vomiting - it seems like how can that little pouch vomit? I suppose it must be able to!