Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bypass Buddies

Today’s the day. Good luck March 8thers. I’m nervous yet excited.

3 minutes ago, MomOf3+3 said:

Today’s the day. Good luck March 8thers. I’m nervous yet excited.

Leaving for the hospital in an hour.

Best wishes to everyone! We got this 😊

2 day countdown! Have to sign in at the hospital at 5:30 am on Monday morning. (All you other 3/11 people, don't forget Daylight Savings goes into effect this weekend!)

Nervous but ready.

Just had GSV today. So far, so good. No pain as of yet, however did feel the gas (OMG). But, only last for a minute or two.

On 3/7/2019 at 12:05 PM, claricey said:

I am so sorry to hear you had to deal with these issues. You have been so positive and worked so hard...just please know you will get past this and be better than ever!!! Holding in prayer!

Thanks to all of your for your encouraging words and support. They repaired the leak on Wednesday (at 10:00 in the evening!), took the drains out this morning, and the infection has cleared up--so I finally got to go home today! I can't tell you how wonderful it will be to take a real shower and sleep in my own bed.

Needless to say, it has been a very rough and discouraging week. Apparently, I am today basically where I would have been last Tuesday if there had been no complications and they had discharged me the day after surgery as planned. I'm feeling surprisingly good aside from being completely wiped out--I'm napping every couple of hours. I have minimal pain and have not needed pain meds, no nausea, and I have not dumped (yet). So, I just need to pick myself up and get on with it and put this week out of my head.

All of your posts really did help, even though I wasn't in the mood to respond during the week. Thanks again!

Edited by Recidivist

4 hours ago, Recidivist said:

Thanks to all of your for your encouraging words and support. They repaired the leak on Wednesday (at 10:00 in the evening!), took the drains out this morning, and the infection has cleared up--so I finally got to go home today! I can't tell you how wonderful it will be to take a real shower and sleep in my own bed.

Needless to say, it has been a very rough and discouraging week. Apparently, I am today basically where I would have been last Tuesday if there had been no complications and they had discharged me the day after surgery as planned. I'm feeling surprisingly good aside from being completely wiped out--I'm napping every couple of hours. I have minimal pain and have not needed pain meds, no nausea, and I have not dumped (yet). So, I just need to pick myself up and get on with it and put this week out of my head.

All of your posts really did help, even though I wasn't in the mood to respond during the week. Thanks again!

Glad to hear you’re going home and feeling better, take care 😊

Hope everyone who had surgery today’ (8th) is doing good! So far so good! So far so good for me, just a little pain, like I’ve done 3,000 sit ups, haha and I’ve had lots of naps today and made several laps around the nurses station .

Wishing everyone a speedy recovery! 😊😊

On 03/08/2019 at 22:24, Recidivist said:

That is such great news!! So happy things took a turn for the better and they got you back on track!! This was a bump in your journey but you’ll be sailing in no time. Feel better and rest up!!

RYGB done yesterday. Everything went well. I took a lot of naps yesterday but was able to get a couple of walks in. Dr. Just came in and said it looks as if I will get there go home this afternoon. Now if this snow storm that is supposed to hit holds off.

Congratulations on surgery well-done, I wish for you a Stellar Recovery and a wonderful post-life. God bless and keep you all!

I just got home yesterday from my March 7 surgery. Everything went well, no issues. Took me until today to finally fart, which had me worried. I’m incredibly thankful I didn’t run into any problems. I did not tell my family about my surgery, so having it go smoothly was a godsend for many reasons! I’ve pretty much just been sleeping, which I don’t think is unusual... I don’t have an appetite for food, but I am thankful for popsicles (I like being able to chew a bit!).

i hope everyone else has had a safe surgery so far! ❤️