Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bypass Buddies

On day nine of pre-op liquids, and I feel less hungry than I did the first week. I guess my body is adjusting. I'm feeling increasingly anxious and uncertain as the date approaches, and I'm sure I will until the moment they put me to sleep. I just keep reminding myself that I've been yo-you dieting for 30 years and this is my key to good health for the rest of my life.

Recidivist, you ARE doing the right thing. Good health is invaluable. I'm 53 and struggling with issues that are compounded by all the extra weight I have. I have peace knowing that as I become lighter and healthier that my arthritic knees may not hurt as much and the pressure on my spine and the leg and foot pain I have will get better. I have my eye so dead set on the prize of feeling better in general that I can't let anxiety creep in. I wish you peace as you get closer to your special day. You are doing GREAT and will continue to. The surgery will be a blip on the radar and you will be into healthy mode and loving life, I just know it!

Edited by claricey

15 hours ago, Recidivist said:

On day nine of pre-op liquids, and I feel less hungry than I did the first week. I guess my body is adjusting. I'm feeling increasingly anxious and uncertain as the date approaches, and I'm sure I will until the moment they put me to sleep. I just keep reminding myself that I've been yo-you dieting for 30 years and this is my key to good health for the rest of my life.

Just heard from my surgeons office and my surgery is tentatively scheduled for March 19 as long as everything goes through with my insurance!!

2 hours ago, losingtolivewithjen said:

Just heard from my surgeons office and my surgery is tentatively scheduled for March 19 as long as everything goes through with my insurance!!

That's just a little more than a week past my surgery (3/11). Good luck!

9 hours ago, claricey said:

Recidivist, you ARE doing the right thing. Good health is invaluable. I'm 53 and struggling with issues that are compounded by all the extra weight I have. I have peace knowing that as I become lighter and healthier that my arthritic knees may not hurt as much and the pressure on my spine and the leg and foot pain I have will get better. I have my eye so dead set on the prize of feeling better in general that I can't let anxiety creep in. I wish you peace as you get closer to your special day. You are doing GREAT and will continue to. The surgery will be a blip on the radar and you will be into healthy mode and loving life, I just know it!

Thank you so much for your reassuring words, Claricey. I know you are right and that I'm doing the right thing, but as the surgery gets nearer I have moments of doubt. I saw my surgeon today for the last time before surgery on Monday. and I'm feeling much better. And I agree--I will look back on this years from now and wonder why I was so worried.

Hey guys found these at costco 15 8 oz packs for $12.99 vs $19.99 for 10 packs on Amazon. I thought these would be a great alternative to big tetra packs of broth post op and less waste.

image-0.00393390655517578.jpg

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 8:55 PM, Recidivist said:

March 4 (postponed from February 25). I may be the first of the March group!

I'm with ya'! I am March 4th too. Moved up from March 11th. Wishing you best of luck!!

10 hours ago, juliekenj2 said:

March 4 here. !

Nerves are starting to set in for me. Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery.

I'm on day 12 of pre-op liquids and doing fairly well. Surgery on Monday, and I'm feeling both anxious and excited.

I had a dream last night that I was gorging on all kinds of forbidden food--cookies, ice cream, pizza, Pasta, etc.--and in my dream I knew that I shouldn't be eating them. I wonder how I should interpret that? I suppose cheating on my diet in my dreams is better than doing it in real life.

I’m on day 11 of my liquid diet. I’m so excited for surgery Tuesday. I also dreamt I had food in my mouth and panicked and spit it out lol.

As a way of having a food Funeral, saying good-bye to the junk food that died from your life. If they were good-for-you foods, they will be back in your life after a short holiday, you just won't be all over each other, you will have a grown-up relationship " Nice to see you again but I am eating 3 spoonfuls of you, even though you are tasty!" and your surgery will help you fulfill that promise.🍝🍸