Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Throwing up

Had my lapband in 2014 and since last Dec 2018 I have thrown up twice, but there was something weird in it. Both times there was a couple squares in it about the size of a piece of chicklet gum. But thr outer edge of it was a clear color and it was Gummy looking. Here is apicture of what I am talking about and was wondering if anyone else has had this? This really has me puzzled.

99FD571D-8E10-48B1-B14A-CEDD77B5B3D3.jpeg

3E9739D8-EA5E-4AFA-9538-4AFD468CCCC8.jpeg

3 hours ago, verna2197 said:

Had my lapband in 2014 and since last Dec 2018 I have thrown up twice, but there was something weird in it. Both times there was a couple squares in it about the size of a piece of chicklet gum. But thr outer edge of it was a clear color and it was Gummy looking. Here is apicture of what I am talking about and was wondering if anyone else has had this? This really has me puzzled.

99FD571D-8E10-48B1-B14A-CEDD77B5B3D3.jpeg

3E9739D8-EA5E-4AFA-9538-4AFD468CCCC8.jpeg

Called your Dr?

It looks like silicone! I wonder if the band is starting to come apart. I would be calling my Dr urgently

Well I have moved away from the dr who put this in and found another dr who does not give a crap. He wont listen to me about anything. Have been trying to find another one.

My advice would be to find a bariatric doctor who has done removals and get it removed and discuss revision surgery if that is what you want. Vomiting is a bad sign. I had my band removed a couple of weeks ago after having it for 10 years. Hated it every day. Should have gotten it removed sooner. Even if you have to travel find an experienced bariatric doctor. Look online and Google reviews. Good luck.