Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved 1/5/19 pain and emotional

Hi. I am new to this forum so please bare with me. I had my sleeve done on 1/5/19 and new this was going to be the greatest thing I’ve ever done in my life other than having my kids. Now I am very emotional, still having horrible gas pains, no BM yet, and wondering if this was the best idea. I’ve done everything that I am suppose to but feel like I am not doing something right. I keep telling myself this too shall pass but not sure I believe it.

Talk to your doc. You NEED a big BM!!! And you need to stay on top of it. Do a search for bm's and Constipation. There are at least 2 or 3 threads going right now on the subject.

Also, it's very normal to go through HUGE emotions after this surgery. Not only the surgery but the hormonal shift of liberating hormones from fat make it difficult. Drink lots of Water, exercise, get sun if you can and take deep breaths. I promise it passes and gets SO MUCH BETTER! ((hugs))

Welcome!

1 hour ago, michelle.boone27 said:

Hi. I am new to this forum so please bare with me. I had my sleeve done on 1/5/19 and new this was going to be the greatest thing I’ve ever done in my life other than having my kids. Now I am very emotional, still having horrible gas pains, no BM yet, and wondering if this was the best idea. I’ve done everything that I am suppose to but feel like I am not doing something right. I keep telling myself this too shall pass but not sure I believe it.

Hi there and welcome, so sorry that you are feeling a little down, it is normal, your body is going through changes But it really does get so much better after all of the gas passes and you start to heal...I was very emotional right after surgery in the hospital but it was better once I got home, my gas pains lasted for about 6 weeks and I don't think that's the norm for most people but once it was gone I felt lie a new woman and still do at 5 months PO. You will too so hang in there sweetie ((Hugs))

emotions are high but that is normal. If you are like me this was a long journey.

as to the BM issue please talk to your doc! I am taking Miralax every other day to keep things moving as I am not able to drink as much Water as I used to.

After any operation one will get emotional so this is quite normal. As for being constipated. That unfortunately is one side effect of the journey. I did read few threads on here that confirmed to me that I was normal because it is something a lot of people experience. How I combated it, I ate preserved plums that you can buy at the supermarket or at costco, Sams or BJ's. I also put Fiber powder in my Water. These two things helped me tremendously.

Good luck and remember, this too shall pass.

Ok so I made a huge error when I wrote this. My surgery date was 2/5/19. That’s what happens when you have a huge thumb and do not proofread. 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

It's not unusual to have Constipation after a major surgery, but it's been almost a week now to time to break out the Miralax. Also, surgery releases hormones and triggers our emotions, so what you're going through and feeling is perfectly normal. Hang in there, it all gets better.

23 hours ago, michelle.boone27 said:

You need to talk to your doctor about the BM because you should have had some by now and they'll help with the gas pains. Emotions are super common. During the liquid phase I felt the worst because I couldn't get much in and there were points that I just didn't want to drink anything because it was so much work. But it passes .