Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Check your purée diet, I didn’t ever actually purée anything. I was also told no baby foods

I never pureed anything and was fine through liquid and soft-foods stages. I stuck with things like Soup, cottage cheese, sugar-free pudding, sugar-free popsicles, scrambled eggs, and Protein Shakes. I remember seeing "baby food" on the list of acceptable foods during the soft foods stage but it stipulated to watch the sugar content and make sure it was mushy.

Edited by GradyCat

I never pureed anything during the pureed stage. I ate cottage cheese, greek yogurt or skyr, lightly cooked scrambled eggs (overcooked eggs were hard for me to eat), creamed Soups and applesauce. I think I might have had some refried Beans, too. This is in addition to all of the full liquids, like: Protein Shakes, puddings, etc.

To make it easier to get Protein in, I added a little Protein Powder to my yogurt/skyr and creamed soups. I still add a little protein powder to my morning skyr for Breakfast.

You can totally get through the pureed stage without having to puree anything and without having to resort to baby food. BTW: I think I recall someone mentioned to me that I could do the baby food meats, but they were so gross that I decided that I could live a week or 2 without something that reminded me of cat food.

Yeah. What they said! :) I skipped over puree to soft foods per my doc. Lots of poached fish, canned fish/chicken, and soft boiled eggs/soft scrambled eggs, Grk yogurt, cottage cheese, blended Soups, mashed cauliflower, etc.

I never pureed anything during the pureed stage. I ate cottage cheese, greek yogurt or skyr, lightly cooked scrambled eggs (overcooked eggs were hard for me to eat), creamed Soups and applesauce. I think I might have had some refried Beans, too. This is in addition to all of the full liquids, like: Protein Shakes, puddings, etc.
To make it easier to get Protein in, I added a little protein powder to my yogurt/skyr and creamed soups. I still add a little protein powder to my morning skyr for breakfast.
You can totally get through the pureed stage without having to puree anything and without having to resort to baby food. BTW: I think I recall someone mentioned to me that I could do the baby food meats, but they were so gross that I decided that I could live a week or 2 without something that reminded me of cat food.
Thankyou so much this helps me out alot

Sent from my LG-M210 using BariatricPal mobile app

I have eaten baby food....only the fruits. Lol

I never pureed anything....mostly lots of Protein Shakes, eggs, Beans, cottage cheese and tuna....

23 hours ago, smallchange24 said:

Funky so is it ok to eat the baby fruits like Hawaiian delight and others

Sent from my LG-M210 using BariatricPal mobile app

I never asked my nutritionist.....I just assumed that if it was good enough for a baby, it was good enough for me....the portion size was perfect. But I would watch the sugar👍