Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let me start by saying, that on Monday I plan on calling my surgeon and getting his approval for my thoughts, but i wanted to know what you all thought as well.

I am quite frankly tired of my bathroom usage issues, or lack thereof, even following the surgeons direction. I feel like 90% of my bathroom issues is because i am not eating enough to go to the bathroom, meaning.. I am still at 100% Protein outside of the carbs in my Protein shakes... I am not getting any thing else in my stomach other than protein. Whether it be tuna, salmon, eggs, protein waffles (made only with protein powder).. I am too full before i finish the protein i dont have room for anything else. I cannot even finish a 2.6 packet of tuna. As for the bathroom, I have tried everything under then sun.. (Except Miralax- I start trying that tomorrow) But it has gotten so bad, that in order for me to go, I have to take something, and even that something, doesnt work anymore..Enough of that!!

My thought is..

Maybe I should go back to DRINKING my protein only.. get all my protein from shakes.. and not drink as much Water but still get in my 64 ounces.. and leave my 3 meals a day for some sort of veggies/roughage.. I dont know if it will work, but something has to change..

I am still losing consistently so i know my weight loss is fine, but i need to fix this bathroom issue so my body doesnt become dependent on using something to produce a BM..

Thoughts on Liquid Protein for a while?

Edited by Jazzy1125

I was more constipated on the liquid diet than I am regular foods so not sure that would be the answer. I am 6 months out, trying to eat more fruit & veggies for Fiber, but still take a stool softener every day. When things aren’t moving for a couple days, I start using Miralax 1-2 times a day and that really helps.

I know your pain, as you've probably seen in my numerous posts about this (including the one right below this one about mag citrate). I AM eating salads, etc, and it still isn't helping. Miralax does nothing for me. And neither does anything else. I'm about to give up and just poop every 3 weeks or whenever my body feels like it. =/ Very frustrating.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

I haven't had surgery yet. I have been in your position however. If you can eat a couple of dried prunes you will get a lot of Vitamins that you need and I promise you will be going by that night. I say just a few because they can give you the reverse effect and that's no fun either. But ask your doc. of course. Good luck.

My NUT said 2 tablespoons Protein and two veggie to get my 1/4 of food in. So basically split the serving. Also, I suggest you try Miralax for a few days before cutting out real food. Good luck.

10 hours ago, mousecat88 said:

I know your pain, as you've probably seen in my numerous posts about this (including the one right below this one about mag citrate). I AM eating salads, etc, and it still isn't helping. Miralax does nothing for me. And neither does anything else. I'm about to give up and just poop every 3 weeks or whenever my body feels like it. =/ Very frustrating.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

Go, I go.. But its an act of God to get it to pass... I am beyond frustrated at this point. I am going to try the MIralax daily.. starting today.. HOWEVER i woke up this morning with diarrhea. LOL Now i just dont know if its from the ducolax dosage last night OR the Quest bar i tried for dinner that has 21g Protein and 17 fiber LOL... Life!

1 hour ago, CurvyMom said:

My NUT said 2 tablespoons Protein and two veggie to get my 1/4 of food in. So basically split the serving. Also, I suggest you try Miralax for a few days before cutting out real food. Good luck.

This past week( mid week) i actually reduced my portions of Protein to 2 ounces and was able to get some green Beans in.. i am going to do that starting next week full time too to try and get veggies in.. I basically went three months on pure protein..

9 minutes ago, Jazzy1125 said:

This past week( mid week) i actually reduced my portions of Protein to 2 ounces and was able to get some green Beans in.. i am going to do that starting next week full time too to try and get veggies in.. I basically went three months on pure protein..

Wow. 3 months seems like so long. I start soft foods and not even two weeks post ops. Everyone has such different plans. I hope things work out for you. Good luck !

8 minutes ago, CurvyMom said:

Wow. 3 months seems like so long. I start soft foods and not even two weeks post ops. Everyone has such different plans. I hope things work out for you. Good luck !

My plan allows for veggies but my stomach does not accomodate them well. By the time i am done with Protein i am no longer hungry. I was told that what i dont eat in 30 min, to stop.. sometimes it takes me 45 just to get the protein in. I am going to eat less ounces of protein so i can get more veggies in.

I was sleeved the same day as you. I drink one 30 gram Protein Shake a day, otherwise I would never get my Protein in. I eat a slice of toasted 6-4-7 bread with extra protein Peanut Butter for Breakfast. The bread has 40 calories and 7 grams of fiber. It helps, I look at it as a food and a fiber supplement. The tiny amounts of veggies we can eat aren't enough fiber without supplementing in some way. Even so, I still need laxatives.

2 minutes ago, Swanton_Bomb said:

I was sleeved the same day as you. I drink one 30 gram Protein Shake a day, otherwise I would never get my Protein in. I eat a slice of toasted 6-4-7 bread with extra Protein Peanut Butter for Breakfast. The bread has 40 calories and 7 grams of Fiber. It helps, I look at it as a food and a fiber supplement. The tiny amounts of veggies we can eat aren't enough fiber without supplementing in some way. Even so, I still need laxatives.

I actually woke up with Diarrhea this morning. I dont know if its the ducolax i took last night..even though the night before it didnt help.. or the Quest Protein Bar i had for dinner last night with 17g of fiber .. but i went 5 times this morning.. i have a feeling i will gain this week as i lost a lot of Water this morning.

1 minute ago, Jazzy1125 said:

I actually woke up with Diarrhea this morning. I dont know if its the ducolax i took last night..even though the night before it didnt help.. or the Quest Protein Bar i had for dinner last night with 17g of fiber .. but i went 5 times this morning.. i have a feeling i will gain this week as i lost a lot of Water this morning.

Fiber generally won't give you diarrhea. It bulks up the stool, and without enough Water it will actually make you constipated. You might be trying too many things and not giving them time to work. Milk of Magnesia (the full big dose, barf) works best for me. I wonder if you have a small impaction?

2 minutes ago, Swanton_Bomb said:

Fiber generally won't give you diarrhea. It bulks up the stool, and without enough Water it will actually make you constipated. You might be trying too many things and not giving them time to work. Milk of Magnesia (the full big dose, barf) works best for me. I wonder if you have a small impaction?

I normally stick to one thing for 2 weeks, and then if it doesnt work.. move to something else.. UNTIL yesterday.. When the ducolax didnt work, at all i did a suppository.. and that only cleared a portion of it.. a few hours later i couldnt even sit or anything.. and i did the enema.. and that cleared some.. but i wasnt sure if it was ALL of it.. so i took the ducolax last night( Doctors orders were to take daily till my intestines kicked back in).. then this morning i woke up with the diarrhea.

I did start the miralax this morning.. as a daily thing.. at least for now until i talk to my Doctor tomorrow. I may have had a blockage yesterday and its just now clearing out or something because when i started the ducolax.. My doctor said to do the enema.. then start ducolax daily.. I went to the bathroom on Tues.. due to enema, on Thursday, Sat, and Sun ( last week) due to ducolax.. then even though i was taking it daily.. I did not go to the bathroom again until yesterdays fiasco.

I feel your pain! I've had to add all of the following on a daily basis to ensure that I have daily movements:

17g Miralax

2 Colace

11g whole psyllium fiber split into 2 doses in Green tea mixed with Cinnamon Apple Spice Tea

Either:

1/2oz almonds + 1-3oz apple with the peel

OR

1 GG brancrisp + 1tbsp almond butter

100+oz of liquids per day

Eating my veggies: focusing on leafy greens, cruciferous veggies, broccoli (sulphorophanes), and raw fibrous veg

Here are a couple of my food logs so you see how I incorporate all this. I'm a year out and eat 1cup of food per meal by volume (that's usually 2oz Protein + 1-2oz veg + 1tsp healthy fat equivalent). I also have 1 or 2 Snacks per day.

(By following this game plan everyday, I'm now having a predictable, large, fluffy, satisfying, pain-free poop every dang livelong day! Yay me!!! It took me forever and several Rosemary's Baby "birthing" experiences to figure out what works for me. And no more ass-pounding Linzess!)

image.thumb.png.61330a2708f7f11debe3a7d5321fcc62.png

image.thumb.png.ca37fdc567eb8f44588f90913e3dfd3c.png