Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Biggest Loser

OMG - I've never heard of such a thing!! That story was awful - I can't even imagine how the family must feel.

Do you think he could do it safely by adding salt or whatever to keep his levels normal?

I think it is inexcusable that the DJ's knew it could harm the contestants, yet continued to proceed with the contest. I think each one involved with putting together that contest should personally be held responsible.

It is possible that salt could balance out all the Water, but I'm not sure.

OMG -

Do you think he could do it safely by adding salt or whatever to keep his levels normal?

Neil was probably dehydrated before hand so I don't think he would of had to worry about that. I wonder how much Water weight they loose in a day. I know I can be 3- 5 lbs lighter just working out for 2 hours.

His bladder must have been ready to explode.

That explains a lot. I knew they had to exercise for hours to lose so much in a week. I think I am doing so well if I do an hour of cardio.

One of these weekends, I am going to try to do more than an hour. I am so bored on the weekends, it's easy for me to want to stay at the gym. Maybe if I ever get down to goal, I will feel more confident and actually have a date on a weekend.

Neil isn't the first contestant to waterload. I think Erik(the winner) from season 4 did it to force his duo partner to use her free pass that would protect her form elimination. He gained weight, thereby pushing them under the yellow line and forcing her to use it to save themselves. Everyone on the show hated that free pass that she had and he played the game well to get rid of it. The only difference was that he waterloaded 3lbs, not 17lbs! It will be interesting to see what Neil does next.

I hated to see Bryant leave, I wonder what will happen now to Kim? She keeps talking about "Bryant is her last chance", "if he goes, I go". I'm curious to see what happens now.

Who do you think is gonna win?

"B" looked good when they showed him at the end of the show.

I don't know who's going to win. And I tell you even though I realize it is all just a game I just hope that it isn't Neil. I'd love to see one of the girls win.

I don't know who's going to win. And I tell you even though I realize it is all just a game I just hope that it isn't Neil. I'd love to see one of the girls win.

I agree, I would love to see a girl win it this year.

Did anyone catch the Biggest Loser finale last night. OMG, they all looked fantastic. Nicole looked absolutely stunning, and the blonde (the mom, can't remember her name) she looked fantastic, what beauties. I wasn't surprised who the winner was. Boy did those twin brother's look hot. So toned and healthy. They both walked away with new a new lease on life and a pocket full of money.. Man that kind of money would come in handy now.

I am so impressed by all of them.. My little Kae looked beautiful as well. I need to get in touch with my personal trainer, I'm inspired, I look fine now, but I want to get toned.. I want muscles.. Look out here I come.

Mariposa,

i know - everyone looked fantastic (well, almost everyone - i think 1 person gained quite a bit back - cant remember her name).

Kae looked stunning and Julie (i think thats her name, the mom) weighs 121 pounds!!! OMG!

im excited for the new season to start up so soon! :confused:

If watching the Biggest Loser doesn't motivate us to exercise, what will? I know I'm ready to head back to the gym. I thought they all looked so good! I really thought Holly was beautiful, she looked like Demi Moore almost.

Anyhow, I love that show and have watched it every since it first aired. Each year I am so amazed at the transformations, it just proves that no matter how big you are, you can change, you can get healthy. It always inspires me to get back to the gym!

Okay, that is who I meant Holly, not Nicole. Who is Nicole??

Yes, Julie looked amazing.. Yep, I'm hitting the gym. I'm at 137 right now, and look okay, but a little tweeking wouldn't hurt me.

The four finalst were - Bill - of course, Hollie - the brunette, Isabeau - the youngest blonde, and Julie, the mother - man she was skinny!

Nicole was one that was voted off, she was on the red team, I think she was a radio DJ.

Can you tell I'm obsesses with the show? lol.

Oh, and who could forget Kae, she was a teeny bitty little thing wasn't she!

Mariposa - I just noticed your tag line says you were banded in 2004 and had a port revision in 2005. How has it been now that you've gone what 3+ years? Are you at your goal?

I thought the big guys would win it all along - knew Neil was a likely winner but wasnt' surprised by the Twin brothers winning both the $100K and the $250K top prize.

The only thing that bothered me this season was the Product Placements...ie. advertising... stop it please! That's what commercials are for. I hate that they keep renaming all the football Bowl games with big commercial product names too.

Like it that they keep the Rose Bowl as just that .. The Rose Bowl!