Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2019 sleevers

9 hours ago, audjoc said:

Great job Dana! I had my measurements taken for me for a project that someone was doing. Unfortunately, the person was Chinese and though I thought I would be able to translate it, I am not quite sure if I am correct 😂 My clothes are becoming looser and that is good enough for me.

Thanks and same to you! I agree, the non scale victories are exciting too. I just measured again for the first time. And true to fashion, boobs are going first 😂

I'm stalling along but I'm used to it! I'll lose a lot really fast then nothing but inches (which is still great). When I look at the overall, I'm extremely happy. 31lbs gone forever since my surgery!

On 03/05/2019 at 14:53, LadySin said:

I'm stalling along but I'm used to it! I'll lose a lot really fast then nothing but inches (which is still great). When I look at the overall, I'm extremely happy. 31lbs gone forever since my surgery!

Woo hoo!! 31 lbs is amazing in ANY time frame! Congratulations 🎉🎈🎊

Why are you struggling? Maybe you might want to attend one of the support groups. I find talking with others helpful. If I feel I am at a plateau then I reach out to my dieticians and they give me ideas. I struggle with what to eat. Getting all that Protein in and the Calcium which gives me a stomach ache.

Getting physical is also a challenge because I put weight on in muscles. I hope you get past the struggling and realize it is a step to a new beginning. Good luck.

On 03/05/2019 at 8:53 PM ,LadySin said:

Lady Sin there is nothing sinful about that, you're coming right along good, I would say. Keep on keeping on My Friend.

9 hours ago, ctsveryown said:

1/14/19 ...struggling

Some days are like that for me too. The day to day can be, well, somewhat depressing at times. Especially if we had a visual in our minds that was unrealistic for our age, BMI or harmonal stage in life.

I depend on support forums because I don’t have a local support group I can attend. I can talk to my nutritionist but it’s not the same as someone who has actually experienced all the same struggles most of us have or are facing.

If you’re able to share I’m sure you will get support here. In the meantime I pray you are having a better day.

Surgery was 1/15/19. I find I do get hungry but hard to know if it's my eyes or my stomach. I'm getting in my fluids and Protein. I'm down 40 lbs so far. My knees & back hurt much less. Slow and steady wins the race so I'm just trudging along. I can say that I am following my food plan to the t. Although I have eaten 2 French fries but that's it. I hope all my January friends are doing good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 03/08/2019 at 21:05, Ellens531 said:

Surgery was 1/15/19. I find I do get hungry but hard to know if it's my eyes or my stomach. I'm getting in my fluids and Protein. I'm down 40 lbs so far. My knees & back hurt much less. Slow and steady wins the race so I'm just trudging along. I can say that I am following my food plan to the t. Although I have eaten 2 French fries but that's it. I hope all my January friends are doing good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

40 lbs!!! Congratulations and less pain is awesome! My hunger pains have kicked back in too but so far it’s under control.
I’m a week behind you and I doubt I’ll hit your mark but I’m hoping for 30-35. You’re so right about the slow and steady.

And totally off topic but I just got a fitness tracker. The thing I love about it the most? I can set pill reminders!! I’m always forgetting my afternoon Calcium. And it has a sedentary reminder that goes off more than I’d like but I’ll get there

Just wondering how many calories everyone is eating per day? I’m averaging 1100-1300 and feel like that may be way too many....

I am averaging around 800 calories per day. I need to start eating more food and a variety.

I had my surgery on 01/24 and lost 29.7 pounds so far. I haven't had too many hunger pains as of yet, and mainly due to poor planning on my part so I had to wait a little longer to eat safely. I feel more tired than I thought I would be at this point but know it is due to low calories. I generally eat between 500-600 calories a day. I should up that number but feel nervous or worried about it. I am losing between 2-3 pounds a week and want to stay at that amount. I think if I up my calories and exercise, it shouldn't be an issue but thinking it and doing it are two different things. So far the best moment-when I came back to school after winter holiday (which was 5 weeks in China), my students were amazed how much weight I lost. They kept saying, "Wow! You are so thin." I hugged everyone of them :)

On 2/9/2019 at 11:24 AM, Lucky in Steamboat said:

hi, I had my sleeve on the 15th. I feel like I have done well but now I am where you are and am having terrible reflux in the middle of the night. Does anyone else have the same problem. Just started some soft foods and have been extremely careful on what I am eating. My dietician said that she wants me to consume more calories because I am in a stall on my weight. Are you having any issues with your sleeve surgery? Thanks

I had my sleeve on Jan 16th. I have had heartburn but it is improving. Drs here put you on omeprazole for about 1 mth because it is common after surgery. I also put the head of my bed up which helps.

On 03/09/2019 at 22:27, NorthCountryGirl said:

Just wondering how many calories everyone is eating per day? I’m averaging 1100-1300 and feel like that may be way too many....

I was keeping it at 500-700 based on a lot of the info I’ve read on here but after talking to my nutritionist we upped it to 800-1000. I’m sure it will vary from person to person. Are you losing at your current calories?