Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2019 sleevers

On 2/18/2019 at 7:26 PM, Popb said:

Had my sleeve Jan 9th. Down about 35 pounds. Was nervous about my decision to get the surgery but don't regret it at all
Have already quit taking two diabetes medications and looking forward to be diabetes free.

That's awesome.

I had my surgery on 1/22 and since my initial doctor's appointment I'm down 61lbs, but I have only lost 16lbs post op. It's a little discouraging since it seems like most people have lost 20 or more one month post-op. I have been following the diet and going on lots of walks so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Jacqueline L

6 minutes ago, Jacqueline L said:

I had my surgery on 1/22 and since my initial doctor's appointment I'm down 61lbs, but I have only lost 16lbs post op. It's a little discouraging since it seems like most people have lost 20 or more one month post-op. I have been following the diet and going on lots of walks so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

16 lbs in a month is very good. Everyone is different.

Are you drinking enough fluids and walking? How many calories are you taking in a day?

6 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

16 lbs in a month is very good. Everyone is different.

Are you drinking enough fluids and walking? How many calories are you taking in a day?

I could probably be drinking more Water if I'm being completely honest. I don't think I hit the target water intake on most days, but I try to drink as often as I can. I go on at least one 30 min fast-paced walk daily and my average calorie intake has been 600-700.

1 minute ago, Jacqueline L said:

I could probably be drinking more Water if I'm being completely honest. I don't think I hit the target Water intake on most days, but I try to drink as often as I can. I go on at least one 30 min fast-paced walk daily and my average calorie intake has been 600-700.

You seem to be doing what you should be exercise and calorie-wise. Are you getting at least 60 grams of Protein?

Keep in mind that everyone loses at their own pace. 16 lbs is good, nothing to be discouraged about. Keep up the good work.

2 hours ago, Johnny B said:

You seem to be doing what you should be exercise and calorie-wise. Are you getting at least 60 grams of Protein?

Keep in mind that everyone loses at their own pace. 16 lbs is good, nothing to be discouraged about. Keep up the good work.

Yeah I'm getting about 60-70 grams of Protein per day.

How is everyone doing? I hit my first stall this week. It was pretty frustrating and drove me crazy for a few days. My last day put me in a huge funk but I had to pep talk myself out of it. The big thing that I have come to realize that I need to only weigh myself once a week. So, at 5.5 weeks post op, I have lost 25.74 pounds.

You are doing good. Keep it up! I on the other hand went to Austria and was eating way too much cheese and wursts. No beer a couple of sips of wine. Difficult to get 80 grams of Protein in. If I eat another scrambled egg or runny youghart I might cringe. I know that it has affected me because my stomach is bloated. Back to the real world when I get off this plane. The only thing I can say is I walks between 15,000 to 20,000 steps a day. The scale will be frightening. 😣

I had my surgery on 1/28! No complications, 20 lbs since surgery and feeling good.

On 03/03/2019 at 07:28, audjoc said:

How is everyone doing? I hit my first stall this week. It was pretty frustrating and drove me crazy for a few days. My last day put me in a huge funk but I had to pep talk myself out of it. The big thing that I have come to realize that I need to only weigh myself once a week. So, at 5.5 weeks post op, I have lost 25.74 pounds.

It looks like we’re twins! My surgery was 1/21 and I’ve lost 26. Last week I started taking measurements which I wish I had done closer to surgery. I’m hoping even though the scales not moving I’m losing inches 🤷🏻‍♀️

Tried to edit that ^^^^ to say scale not moving as quickly as I’d like

Great job Dana! I had my measurements taken for me for a project that someone was doing. Unfortunately, the person was Chinese and though I thought I would be able to translate it, I am not quite sure if I am correct 😂 My clothes are becoming looser and that is good enough for me.

7 minutes ago, Popb said:

Congratulations. I've also lost a lot and have just been taken off all medications for diabetes.

That is the best!! Congratulations 🎈🎉 🎊