Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre Op Liquid diet

Someone help me !!! I am on day one of my liquid diet and I am starving!!! My doctor didn’t give me any rules just liquid diet 2 weeks before my surgery! I don’t know what to do what I can’t do . I want a pizza sooo bad I really want to order one. What if I chew it and then spit it out ? Someone give me suggestions please

Do not eat a pizza. Do not chew and spit it out. If you can't buck up to follow the rules for your pre-op diet, you aren't going to be able to survive post-op. Pull on your big girl pants.

Make your shakes interesting - I use Fairlife Skim Milk (13g Protein in 1 cup), a scoop of Protein Powder and then add, as I want:

Frozen fruit

sugar free coffee house syrups

PB2

Raw spinach

So - my go to when I need to feel like I'm a grown ass woman is my caramel frappucino - 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 8 ounces cold coffee, a few squirts of sugar free caramel Syrup, and ice. Put it in the blender and hit the button. You won't even realize it's from your kitchen.

If you get in 60-90 grams of protein a day (you should be tracking all your food at this point) and drinking 64 ounces of Water a day, you won't be physically hungry. You are dealing with head hunger. Each time you feel that, go on pinterest and pin a cute outfit to wear at goal weight. Make a bucket list of what you want to do when you lose weight. Go for a walk.

You should be using Soups (but not creamy high calorie ones), sugar free Jello, sugar free pudding, sugar free popsicles. Add crystal light to your water. Drink 8 ounces of water and weight 10 minutes every time you think you are hungry.

I make shakes with chocolate protein powder, milk, caramel (sugar free) and a scoop of PB2 and ice in to the blender for a snickers bar. Use Pinterest to find shakes to make. Experiment. keep yourself busy.

Are you on a full liquid diet? You can eat Jello, popcicles, pudding, etc. I am even allowed to eat creamed Soups on mine, which I'm on now. My Nut said any thing that c an slide through a funnel I could eat.

You may want to call you Nut to get a claification.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

If you can't make it without pizza for two weeks pre-op, how do you expect to make it a lifetime post-op not eating those things that made you obese in the first place? Two weeks is NOTHING! You'll have to be on liquids 2-3 weeks post-op as well. If you don't think you can do that, maybe surgery isn't for you. With liquids you can have sugar-free popsicles, diet or sugar-free drinks like Gatorade Zero, sugar-free pudding, broths, and more. It's really important to shrink your liver pre-op to make sure the surgeon can reach your stomach without difficulty during the surgery.

1 minute ago, GradyCat said:

If you can't make it without pizza for two weeks pre-op, how do you expect to make it a lifetime post-op not eating those things that made you obese in the first place? Two weeks is NOTHING! You'll have to be on liquids 2-3 weeks post-op as well. If you don't think you can do that, maybe surgery isn't for you. With liquids you can have sugar-free popsicles, diet or sugar-free drinks like Gatorade Zero, sugar-free pudding, broths, and more. It's really important to shrink your liver pre-op to make sure the surgeon can reach your stomach without difficulty during the surgery.

It’s day one and you expect me to not think of pizza or have cravings at all?? I’m just venting I know what I have to do long term thanks

24 minutes ago, Ahill95 said:

Someone help me !!! I am on day one of my liquid diet and I am starving!!! My doctor didn’t give me any rules just liquid diet 2 weeks before my surgery! I don’t know what to do what I can’t do . I want a pizza sooo bad I really want to order one. What if I chew it and then spit it out ? Someone give me suggestions please

PLEASE STOP TELLING ME SURGERY ISNT MEANT FOR ME!! I AM ALLOWED TO VENT! I KNOW WHAT MY GOAL ARE! ITS ONLY DAY ONE OF COURSE IM STRUGGLING!

PLEASE STOP TELLING ME SURGERY ISNT MEANT FOR ME!! I AM ALLOWED TO VENT! I KNOW WHAT MY GOAL ARE! ITS ONLY DAY ONE OF COURSE IM STRUGGLING!
I agree with you! I think some of the people who are commenting maybe are forgetting what it was like in the very beginning. Just because we choose to have this surgery doesn't mean that we become instantly immune to all the things we craved before. You've got this!!!!! Just think of how amazing it will be to be healthier, have more energy etc.. all the reasons I'm sure you chose to have surgery in the first place!! I don't know you, but I believe in you!!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Not trying to argue with you, but if you had said something like "need to vent" maybe we wouldn't have responded as we did. You asked for help. You wanted suggestions. Folks are giving them to you. Yes, I'm 2.5 years out from my surgery, but I remember what it was like and I used the 3 months prior to my surgery to get my head in the right place and get myself started eating as I would be post-op. I make a choice every morning when I get out of bed to follow the plan - just like an alcoholic makes the choice every morning not to take another drink. If you've waited to do that until your pre-op diet, you have done yourself a disservice.

Please reach out to your doctor's office to find out what his/her rules are so you have more guidance.

drink more Water, go for a walk, do whatever you can do to keep your mind off of food! it gets better after the 3rd or 4th day.

On 2/6/2019 at 2:33 PM, Ahill95 said:

I was starving too for a couple of days, day 3 it started to settle down. The first 3 days I had some sugar free Jello to help me. Day 4 was easier and now at day 12 it's very easy. Drink Water and fight through those first few days. You got this.

Think of it this way it's a small price to pay for your future.