Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weird Stuff That Delayed Your Surgery Approval

My doctor does not schedule the surgery until you have completed all requirements and I’m not sure about the insurance because I had approval already and after all requirements a NP reviews everything. Then I think they schedule the surgery. I’m between finished appointments and NP review now. This is the hardest wait time for me. I’m ready for a date so I can get mentally prepared and start a countdown

My doctor does not schedule the surgery until you have completed all requirements and I’m not sure about the insurance because I had approval already and after all requirements a NP reviews everything. Then I think they schedule the surgery. I’m between finished appointments and NP review now. This is the hardest wait time for me. I’m ready for a date so I can get mentally prepared and start a countdown
I was so happy when wls clinic called sayed all approved.

Sent from my SM-J727V using BariatricPal mobile app

17 minutes ago, 49Nash said:

My NP has scheduled me already and I have all my clearances except one that hasn't been sent over yet. He verbally cleared me but hasn't done it in writing. I have my last nutrition on Monday then it gets sent next week to insurance. My preop appointment is 2/20 so I'm hoping there are no issues and it all gets approved really quickly. According to my insurance company when I called I shouldn't have any issues. Fingers crossed. Surgery is 34 days from today as long as everything goes according to the dr's office's schedule. I need it done as soon as possible. My work insurance year end is 4/30 and I am at max out of pocket. If there are any issues after surgery, I'd like it 100% covered rather than starting the new deductible. I pay max out of pocket of $2100 per year. Luckily work covers all but 1000 of my deductible. I cover that and then another 1000. This is the first year I've had to pay anything but that was because I had a female surgery in October.

Good luck!!

So, I'm still waiting on my surgery date. Had all auths ready, but they had me down for the gastric sleeve. I let them know I wanted gastric bypass, and now I'm waiting for insurance auth again.

I had to have 90 days with a nutritionist before my insurance would approve and then I had to have my family doctor recommend I had the surgery. In addition, the surgeon required a psych appointment along with 3 group counseling sessions - all standard for sleeve patients. Once everything was completed - and only then - would they submit to insurance. Insurance came back less than a week later with approval and then the surgery was scheduled. I had no surprises - everything was well mapped out and went as planned. Good luck with your insurance and surgery. Btw - I started the process on 8/30/18 and had my surgery on 1/10/19.

Freaking out... everything was done, classes, endoscopy, approvals and surgery date is/was 2/20 and JUST found out I don’t have the same insurance that I thought I had. Unitedheathcare is no longer covering federal employees in CA apparently. So frustrated, I have no idea if they transferred our insurance to another company or if we have anything at all at this point, will know tomorrow hopefully and praying I don’t have to start from scratch and that my health group I’ve been doing all this through is even in my network. I want to cry! Ugh hopefully will have an answer tomorrow 🤞🏻😞

1 minute ago, JLondon11 said:

Freaking out... everything was done, classes, endoscopy, approvals and surgery date is/was 2/20 and JUST found out I don’t have the same insurance that I thought I had. Unitedheathcare is no longer covering federal employees in CA apparently. So frustrated, I have no idea if they transferred our insurance to another company or if we have anything at all at this point, will know tomorrow hopefully and praying I don’t have to start from scratch and that my health group I’ve been doing all this through is even in my network. I want to cry! Ugh hopefully will have an answer tomorrow 🤞🏻😞

That is horrible!!! I am so sorry. I hope it’s a quick transition and no or little delay!!!

I know exactly how you feel!!!! I have been waiting over a week now to hear from the nurse to get a surgery date! Everything was approved by insurance on 1/28. Its kind of frustrating when another day goes by with no call. I hope you get your call soon!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

My surgeon is an uber-busy dude, I got My surgery date on July 17th for September 5th, so had to wait about 6 weeks, if yours is like that I would say yours will be 1st- 15th of March, my most fearless prediction is March 12thmaIn my surgeon's case, he also does gastrointestinal surgery, a full professor at the Medical C9llege and I also hit vacation times, so yours might still make this month, I just doubt it. But no matter when ,we will be cheering you on, you're now one of the B.P. family and we're loyal to our own.👈😛👉

A kidney stone that is 3cm x 2cmx 1.5cm. I feel no pain and didn't even know it was there until I had to get a CT scan after my ultrasound dinged something funny.

My delay was caused by many blood clots in both lungs. I ended up in the ER than admitted in the hospital exactly 3 weeks before my surgery. I spent 4 full days in the hospital, then when they released me it took about 24 hours to find out I was allergic to the blood thinner they gave me an hour before leaving the hospital. As an inpatient I was on a 24/7 IV heparin drip, no problem. I was switched 2 different times to different medication. They finally decided to put me on warfarin. September 2018 was when this all began. I had to see a hematologist, to make sure the blood clots were not from an underlying clotting disorder. All those test came back negative. What was finally decided was that the birth control my ob/gym put me on 42 days before this happened caused all the clots. I can not have any type of estrogen ever again.
Everything is on track. My hematologists cleared me for surgery. I am on day 11 of my 14 day liquid pre-op diet. I have lost 110 lbs from March 2018 until my last weigh in on 2/7/19. I have lost a total of 154 lbs from May 2017 I am ready for this and can’t wait to get this transformation started on 2/12.

13 hours ago, wreckitangie said:

I know exactly how you feel!!!! I have been waiting over a week now to hear from the nurse to get a surgery date! Everything was approved by insurance on 1/28. Its kind of frustrating when another day goes by with no call. I hope you get your call soon!!!

Did you hear anything yet? I am in the same boat. Insurance is approved and I did all the requirements. Just need to wait that final step of them reviewing everything. I was told my doctor schedules about 6 weeks after everything is approved. So I’m thinking beginning of April. At least I hope so. I would do it sooner in a heartbeat though!!!

Did you hear anything yet? I am in the same boat. Insurance is approved and I did all the requirements. Just need to wait that final step of them reviewing everything. I was told my doctor schedules about 6 weeks after everything is approved. So I’m thinking beginning of April. At least I hope so. I would do it sooner in a heartbeat though!!!
I still have not gotten a call! I emailed the patient coordinator at my surgeons office earlier today and she apologized that I hadn't heard anything yet and that she was emailing the girl who schedules and her manager. That was at about 10am this morning... ugh.

5 minutes ago, wreckitangie said:

I still have not gotten a call! I emailed the patient coordinator at my surgeons office earlier today and she apologized that I hadn't heard anything yet and that she was emailing the girl who schedules and her manager. That was at about 10am this morning... ugh.

It will be a long weekend. I hope you hear Monday!