Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

be careful with baby food. Yes it is puree but some of it has way too many sugars to tolerate.

2 hours ago, Elease Gregory said:

What stage baby food can I have what bout vegetables and fruits

Edited by Healthy_life

I was able to have any puree I wanted except cruciferous veggies (e.g. brocolli) at 3 weeks. I don't eat beef or chicken, so not sure if I could have had those. That said, I didn't buy store bought baby foods because they have too much sugar, are expensive, and taste like crud. So, I just made my own purees. I got some half-cup glass jars and made a bunch of purees (sweet potato, spinach, Beans, lentils) and froze them. Then at night, I'd put some in the fridge to defrost for the next day's meals. Super easy and it maybe took me an hour or two to make all the purees I needed for that stage.

I have stayed sway from baby foods, don't we as parents feed babies that so they will gain weight? And truthfully I made my own, hated feeding my 3 little ones preservatives they did not need.

Most store bought baby food has NO nutritional value anyway. it is mostly rice. My doctor advised me to stay away from it all together. PLUS it is GROSS lol

Baby food would be a pureed stage, but honestly I never needed it or wanted it.

You can do much better making your own puree. Applesauce, small curd cottage cheese, and ricotta cheese are natural puree foods. I ate very soft scrambled eggs during my puree stage (don't overcook or they get dry and rubbery). Mashed, ripe bananas is also puree, but they can be high carb content so I wouldn't live only on pureed bananas. I ate them during this phase with a bit of smooth Peanut Butter. Also, keep in mind that you can still eat full liquids, like Protein Shakes and creamed Soups during this phase. *The key in pureed is that there are no lumps that require you to chew. Use caution with "stringy" vegetables like celery and some of the cruciferous ones (cabbage, broccoli).

My advice: Get a blender of some kind. I have a vitamix blender and I have used a magic bullet in the past (Ninja makes similar equivalents of both vitamix and magic bullet that could be more cost-effective). Unless you plan on using them a lot post-op, don't invest a lot of $$ in a blender (vitamix is expensive and I bought it for other reasons pre-op). I find I don't really use them too much these days unless I need to puree something for a recipe I'm making.

Might as well get cat food. BLAH!!!

My sister recently gave birth. When she was pregnant, she had milk, but after giving birth, it somehow disappeared. The pediatrician assumes that it is due to stress. That's why my sister doesn't breastfeed but buys powdered milk holle stage 1. She was looking for a very long time for a quality product that she could feed her baby. She consulted a pediatrician and he approved powdered milk. It contains only natural ingredients and only vegetable oils. It contains palm oil but it's only from organic farming. My sister just adds boiled cooled Water and shakes well and that's it.

Edited by gabrielle12