Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has surgery 10 days ago, I was so excited Now Iam so depressed

I juuuust posted a topic along those same lines like 2 days ago. I was sleeved on 1/28. I know I sound like every inspirational sound bite you’ve heard abou WLS over the past months but it really, really does get easier every day. And here come the blah blahs: make sure you’re getting your fluids, your Protein, and surprisingly most life changing for me, your Vitamins in. Once my body got back up to the B12 and Vitamin D levels that I had pre op, I saw a huge change in my mood. I have to say I’m still really irritable around times that I would normally have a meal (middle of the day between classes, in the car on my way home...) but even that softens a little every day.

I know how much of a punch in the gut this new reality can be, especially if you were like me (which it seems you were) and you were super excited and educated about it and just ready to start your new life, and now it feels like it’s on hold again, even worse than pre op. I feel your pain and I validate your feelings. But I promise you this is your body trying to adjust to the new normal, and once it does, you will start to feel better.

One thing that I do (because I can’t take a bath yet) to relax and de stress instead of eating emotionally is to take a plastic chair or stool into the shower and just sit there and let the warm Water run down my head and back and face, and use it almost like a steam room. The sound of the water clears my mind and makes me stop thinking about everything going on.

I hope some of this helped, hang in there girl.

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:02 PM, Temeka Silva-Perez said:

Don’t know if any of you guys are going through this but, I had surgery 1/23/2019 at first I still couldn’t believe it that I was actually going through it, I was excited and very happy and extremely motivated.... today marks 10 days I have no motivation, I have doubts, feeling like this isn’t going to work.... Iam just on Clear Liquids but eating every other hour even if it’s just broth, Popsicles,Water, feeling like Iam going explode stomach growling I feel like Iam a big blimp and this is a joke have no idea why my positive thoughts turned so negative, and very depressed

Hey hun!!! So post op my cravings for unhealthy food were worse than when I was doing the 2 week liquid diet pre-op. Now I don't know if it's because of the lack of food but I have noticed a strain on my relationship and friendships. My fiancé and friends are very supportive about my decision but lately I just seem to want to fight everyone then I get sad after.

Yemen’s I went through the same thing. You are in the toughest time period. Hang in there. I’m 6 weeks post op today and it gets better.

On 2/2/2019 at 7:02 PM, Temeka Silva-Perez said:

Don’t know if any of you guys are going through this but, I had surgery 1/23/2019 at first I still couldn’t believe it that I was actually going through it, I was excited and very happy and extremely motivated.... today marks 10 days I have no motivation, I have doubts, feeling like this isn’t going to work.... Iam just on Clear Liquids but eating every other hour even if it’s just broth, Popsicles,Water, feeling like Iam going explode stomach growling I feel like Iam a big blimp and this is a joke have no idea why my positive thoughts turned so negative, and very depressed

Super common I went thru it. When I went to the next stage I felt so much better.

Thank you for your post I’m 5 months out now and had forgotten how hard the first month post op is. And 95% of it was my brain fighting me. It dies get better but this is the most important time for your new positive brain to I get in sync with your new body. The body actually does pretty darn well it our brains that’s messing with you. We have to find new things to comfort us not food or booze but distraction to help reset our thoughts about ourselves. You made a choice for a better life. Keep fighting the good fight. In 5 month maybe you will share with us where you are today. Healthy. 🙋‍♀️

I was sleeved 1/16/19 and the first 10 days were BRUTAL for me emotionally. I'm typically a really stoic, stereotypical English woman, and I cried more in those 10 days than I have in the last 10 years! It does get better and you do get through that part of it. From the research I did it just seems like what happens in the early days when you have this surgery. My amazing surgeon told me that people typically get really angry, or really sad shortly after surgery. Hang in there!

Wow, thanks to each if you for the posts. I am 8 days pre-op and these feels i g i am having now. When i went to register at the hospital the whole day I was a ball of tears, wondering will this turn my health issues around. Since that day daily i have been afraid, crying and concerned. I started searching support sites because i feel crazy. I know God brought me to this surgery to resolve the serious medical issues i have been experiencing for 3 1/2 years.

Everyone goes through this it is very normal. Just try to stay positive it gets better. A lot of it is fighting through and getting over the hump. It is hard your body has gone through a huge adjustment. 😊

Edited by Dorothy_Correz

It is totally normal to feel like this... it feels like a brake up with a boyfriend... it’s goin to be better with time... I had my surgery 2 years ago

Thanks for sharing, i had to keep reminding myself when i get out i will look the same. This is the tool that will hrlp me acheive my health goals and reverse sickness. I have 30 house to ho, i will post on progress thank you for taking this journey with me.

Hope you are feeling better now!