Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has surgery 10 days ago, I was so excited Now Iam so depressed

Don’t know if any of you guys are going through this but, I had surgery 1/23/2019 at first I still couldn’t believe it that I was actually going through it, I was excited and very happy and extremely motivated.... today marks 10 days I have no motivation, I have doubts, feeling like this isn’t going to work.... Iam just on Clear Liquids but eating every other hour even if it’s just broth, Popsicles,Water, feeling like Iam going explode stomach growling I feel like Iam a big blimp and this is a joke have no idea why my positive thoughts turned so negative, and very depressed

This is extremely common. When you can start eating blended food you will probably feel a lot better. If you can go to a support meeting at your hospital, talk to a therapist, or just post on here, I think it would help a lot. Good luck and feel better!

Ditto what JessLess said. It's common to feel that way. And it will get better. Keep reaching out for support. Hang in there.

You are not alone! I had surgery Jan 9th and went through the same thing! It will pass. The first 2 weeks were rough just being on liquids and feeling so bloated, like I was 10 months pregnant, the gas pains :( , "growling" (gurgling) stomach, the second guessing my decision and fear of failure...yep...pretty common! Keep coming to this forum and read others testimonies so you know you are not alone!

Don’t know if any of you guys are going through this but, I had surgery 1/23/2019 at first I still couldn’t believe it that I was actually going through it, I was excited and very happy and extremely motivated.... today marks 10 days I have no motivation, I have doubts, feeling like this isn’t going to work.... Iam just on Clear Liquids but eating every other hour even if it’s just broth, Popsicles,Water, feeling like Iam going explode stomach growling I feel like Iam a big blimp and this is a joke have no idea why my positive thoughts turned so negative, and very depressed
I feel your pain I had my gastric sleeve done on January 15,2019. I felt everything that you felt. The omg what did I do to myself but it gets better. I'm now on soft protiens.. so just hang in there it will get better.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

All of what you are feeling is totally normal. Your body just went through major surgery. It takes a while for your emotions to balance out. Hang In there. As you progress through the food stages it gets easier. Be kind to yourself. Best of luck! 👍

As the days go on, it will get easier! As it gets easier you will be able to have other foods to as time passes.

I had surgery on 1/27 and I felt what you are describing when I got home from the hospital. I had a full on panic attack and had to take a Xanax. Losing food as a coping tool is very hard for me, it's truly been one of the things I can count on my whole life. It's a major life change and that is scary, fear of messing it up, not feeling like myself...there was a lot of crazy emotions. Once I got a routine and felt like I was getting all my vitamin's, Protein and Water in I felt better. Also, I have a therapist and she answered my calls when I was flipping out and talking with her really helped. Also, though my husband didn't understand what I was going through he was very supportive.

It will totally get better, I am sorry you are feeling this way.

Kat

So, so normal. Lean on your support system right now and work your plan. All of those feelings will likely pass in the next few weeks, but if they don't, please be sure to address them with your physician or therapist.

It gets better bit by bit. It's okay to be scared and sad, but if you find that it's consuming you weeks later, please get help because you deserve it.

Edited by KT1981

Totally normal and it gets better. You're in pain, you can't eat, and it sucks, but I think the depression is usually from rapid hormonal changes.

What you feel is common. My first week post op I was so motivated and tried to do some light cleaning around the house and it was too much. I had to take a pain pill and lay down bec I guess I had done too much bending without really realizing it. After a few days, I did go to the gym to walk slowly on the treadmill and used the bike a little and I felt better. But, like some other comments said, we had a very big surgery and need time to heal. I had been feeling the same way also, kinda down, but it gets better. The clear to full liquid stage was the worst for me. Now that im stage 3 on purees only, im feeling much better. Just make sure your getting all of your Proteins and liquids in. That also made a big diff bec the days that I didnt hit my minimum goals set by the RD, i felt weak and down, prob bec of dehydration. I hope this helps. Hang in there. We are on the other side of our journey of not jst hoping, but happening.

Oh yeah, and i did go to a support group meeting which helped SO much! So, i think that would be a great idea if you have that option

Posted that I was a tearful mess at the exact same point as you. Sleeved 21st Jan and had my meltdown couple of days ago so you're right on schedule for the come down off all the drama and hormonal rollercoaster. Be kind to yourself and hope things steady soon. I have evened out today, but not relying on it. Folk here really helped.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

And a better day is coming, I know that sounds trite but it is true, each day a little more falls into place, your swelling internally starts to subside and things st