Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unexpected Post Op Observations

I'm a month and a half post op and have lost 45 lbs so far (since starting pre op diet). I've noticed a few unexpected things... All my clothes are longer, my eye glasses are loose now and my necklaces hang lower 😂 Has anyone else noticed this or any other unexpected results?

Love it! Congrats op post op and your weight loss.

Funny the things we notice with weight loss. My shoe size went down. I had to get my wedding rings resized.

17 minutes ago, lala75 said:

Thank you!!

Oh yeah, the wedding ring is loose too... Not a bad problem to have!

I found a cubic zirconia ring to wear while in weight loss mode. I waited until I got to my goal weight to resize my set.

re: rings, I highly recommend these spiral ring sizers until you reach your ultimate size. That way you can wear the rings and not get them resized until the end.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0757JLTY7/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

my glasses are also too big (I've had to start wearing my spare pair, which are tighter), and my pants too long. My wrinkles are definitely starting to show now that my face skin isn't as tight. My cross-body purse hangs lower on my body. The seatbelt in my car no longer scratches the bottom of my neck - it sits lower where it is supposed to. And a ton of other things.

15 minutes ago, notmyname said:

re: rings, I highly recommend these spiral ring sizers until you reach your ultimate size. That way you can wear the rings and not get them resized until the end.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0757JLTY7/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

my glasses are also too big (I've had to start wearing my spare pair, which are tighter), and my pants too long. My wrinkles are definitely starting to show now that my face skin isn't as tight. My cross-body purse hangs lower on my body. The seatbelt in my car no longer scratches the bottom of my neck - it sits lower where it is supposed to. And a ton of other things.

Love the ring sizer.

2 hours ago, notmyname said:

The seatbelt in my car no longer scratches the bottom of my neck - it sits lower where it is supposed to.

Omgosh, I had forgotten about that. It was sooooo irritating!

Congratulations! The thing i have noticed is my practice dance shoes are bigger and a new pair of performance shoes I just started wearing that i bought over the summer. i have a performance next month so i started wearing my performance shoes for practice and well.. now they are too big LOL.. so.. will see if i can go get a new pair next weekend or tomorrow or something.. I cannot ballroom dance in shoes that are too big HAHA.. Practice shoes i can get away with.. but not for performances.. so heres to new shoes in the next month LOL

Pulled out a pair of sweatpants today, I thought would go with my top, they were LOOSE, had to cinch up the string in them. Okay I even have to admit IAM GETTING SMALLER! Hooray for the Home Team. I may be still the size of the tackling dummy but my inner Cheerleader may just burst forth!

All kinds of NSVs over here! Loose glasses, loose rings, my work badge hangs lower, my shoes are looser. So many!

I'm a month and a half post op and have lost 45 lbs so far (since starting pre op diet). I've noticed a few unexpected things... All my clothes are longer, my eye glasses are loose now and my necklaces hang lower [emoji23] Has anyone else noticed this or any other unexpected results?
Ooooh yeah, I know what you mean about clothes being longer. I couldn't understand why my pants suddenly dropped an inch, then I realised!

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

And isn't it a small but wonderful thing there! The little victories really pile up, don't they?😛

4 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

And isn't it a small but wonderful thing there! The little victories really pile up, don't they?😛

Yes!! I'm loving all these little victories 😍 I'm excited to see each new one unfold. This had been quite the journey!