Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a surgery buddy;

I live in Connecticut and I’m looking for an surgery buddy I had the gastric sleeve done 10 months ago

Hi

so how are you getting on after the operation? I had a band fitted 5 years ago. Its been a journey lots of ups then lots of downs.

Andrew

so are you really happy you want the operation? its a big change in life. I had the band fitted so if all went wrong i could get it reserved. What do the rest of the family think about the op. I didnt tell anyone until after my op and then it ws limited. It does get boring repeating to everyone why and when.

Yes I am happy some times and I’ve told everyone

i wanted to keep quiet otherwise everyone will be judging you all the time

Hello I am 7 months into this program, today is my appointment to pick up my shakes for my liquid diet and meet with my surgeon to get everything I need for my surgery on 2-25-19. Anything I can help you with let me know. I am here to help.
Have a great day.
Hey Reina! I'm the 25th too. Just started my pre-op diet today. How are you making out on all liquids?

That’s something I was curious about is how many of you revealed your surgery. As of right now only my immediate family knows that I will be having it. I don’t have a lot of friends and I haven’t told my sisters or brother yet as I don’t want to worry them. I’ve had a lot of health issues so I figured this is my chance to get them under control. I’m a very private person and don’t socialize much so I’m sure it’s gonna be a shock to some afterwards.

My parents know. My boss knows. I told one lady from church who had WLS about 17 years ago and I told my best friend. I also am pretty private, but felt strongly about telling my best friend. I knew if our roles were reversed, I’d absolutely want to know she was having surgery!

Ive been trying to think of a response to have ready when people comment on my weight loss.

I work in an office with 11 ladies, many of whom are opinionated and do not hesitate to give opinions (wanted or not). All of them are thin so I feel certain I’ll hear some comments.

That’s what I’m trying to stay away from is the opinionated comments. To many times people jump to conclusions before educating themselves and assume things that aren’t true. I know people talk and it could possibly get out their but for now that is only my immediate family I’ve got 3 people to point a finger at if it gets out.
Those 3 people also see how hard I’m working on this also and what I’m sacrificing and what their sacrificing by me being the main cook in the family, so they best be sweet and never criticize their “Momma” if they plan on getting fed. Lol