Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a surgery buddy;

let me tell you, i got the surgery on the 31st. i was going through all the same doubts and concerns as you. aetna denied me 5 times or so. switched insurances, cigna denied me once, i was pre-diabetic, Barrett's esophagus due to massive reflux to the point i was throwing up stomach bile every morning after working up, and sleep apnea caused me to not sleep well. i got them to give me the surgery, i was worried i would miss the food, i was worried that it would make the reflux worse, i was just generally worried that i would go through all this and my problems wouldnt get fixed. i was dead wrong. everything got fixed, sleep apnea is gone, reflux is gone, blood pressure is down, im shedding weight, i have more energy and everything after the first few days has been a constant improvement.

my shakes were 75 bucks and have lasted me a month. my Vitamins that are chewable gummies that taste like starbursts were 15 each. thats not bad.

the worse part of the surgery, is the gas pains. they last 2 - 4 days and once it goes into your shoulders you will regret everything. then it goes away and everything is like a new day.

8 minutes ago, lilDanille said:

Did you have to pay anything when you started with your dietitian

Sent from my moto e5 play using BariatricPal mobile app

My insurance coverage was amazing, I only had to come out of pocket the $300, nothing for the dietitian. Also the app that helped me pass all my dietitian classes was called Baritastic i literally typed my whole meal in at one time and it did all the work for me.

18 minutes ago, lilDanille said:

Did you have to pay anything when you started with your dietitian

Just make sure you ask the dietitian what the charge was for. So you have no shocks at the end with amounts due. I am very excited to go thru this with you, please feel free to ask any questions or I am just here for you to talk to, thank you and have a wonderful weekend.

#surgerybuddies#lifejourney#

Had a fairly good day today pretty windy and cold up here in Indiana but I still got that 1/2 hr walk in without my partner. Couldn’t bare to see Jalapeño my chihuahua suffer in the cold walking so I left him at home which broke my heart but he did cheer me on from our big window. Planning on getting my stationary bike next week now that I know my right knee will take all of this. It’s holding up to the walking well. Today I definitely was hungrier than I have ever been since I started since the first of the year.
Has anyone found a go to food when this happens???
Mine is cocktail shrimp, I’ve learned to enjoy them with no sauce, it doesn’t take very many to take that hunger and just chewing it satisfy eating. I know my dietician encouraged not to snack. But when hunger pings and the thought of a food disaster might happen she did think it was smart of me to have my go to shrimp on hand.
Let me know what your go tos our I’m interested???
I have others but I usually use them as add ons to my meals when I don’t even come close to my 1000 calories let alone 1200 that I’m suppose to be eating.
Danielle did you decide on which surgery your having, I’m leaning toward RNY but open to sleeve. I have quite a bit of scar tissue from a past surgery and they told me they would be able to remove it while they are in there doing the RNY so I really want that scar tissue out , I also have a line that runs to my stomach from a VP shunt so not quite sure how all this is gonna work , still have to go over that with the surgeon but hopefully everything will work out and my shunt won’t be effected. My shunt goes to my brain and it removes Fluid from my brain. A condition I’ve had for about 25 yrs now. But I’ve only had my shunt for about 4 yrs.
well let me know what your go to food is ?? Chat with you all tomorrow. Best wishes!!
Jennifer

Had a fairly good day today pretty windy and cold up here in Indiana but I still got that 1/2 hr walk in without my partner. Couldn’t bare to see Jalapeño my chihuahua suffer in the cold walking so I left him at home which broke my heart but he did cheer me on from our big window. Planning on getting my stationary bike next week now that I know my right knee will take all of this. It’s holding up to the walking well. Today I definitely was hungrier than I have ever been since I started since the first of the year.
Has anyone found a go to food when this happens???
Mine is cocktail shrimp, I’ve learned to enjoy them with no sauce, it doesn’t take very many to take that hunger and just chewing it satisfy eating. I know my dietician encouraged not to snack. But when hunger pings and the thought of a food disaster might happen she did think it was smart of me to have my go to shrimp on hand.
Let me know what your go tos our I’m interested???
I have others but I usually use them as add ons to my meals when I don’t even come close to my 1000 calories let alone 1200 that I’m suppose to be eating.
Danielle did you decide on which surgery your having, I’m leaning toward RNY but open to sleeve. I have quite a bit of scar tissue from a past surgery and they told me they would be able to remove it while they are in there doing the RNY so I really want that scar tissue out , I also have a line that runs to my stomach from a VP shunt so not quite sure how all this is gonna work , still have to go over that with the surgeon but hopefully everything will work out and my shunt won’t be effected. My shunt goes to my brain and it removes Fluid from my brain. A condition I’ve had for about 25 yrs now. But I’ve only had my shunt for about 4 yrs.
well let me know what your go to food is ?? Chat with you all tomorrow. Best wishes!!
Jennifer
I also got my workout in did about a mile and a half on my bike. Not to far today but I was carrying lots of weight with me so I worked hard. My go to a snack is boiled eggs or cherry tomatoes. I keep both on hand for snack time. I also have old fashioned popcorn. The bag of kernels you pop yourself. Coconut oil with a little salt and pepper. I am getting the gastric bypass. My mom and I are doing this together so that's what we both decided on. I have been told it's very common for mother and daughter to get WLS together. Is there any other teams out there??

Oh that’s great I’m happy for you both, I wish my mother wouldn’t have been so afraid of surgery she would most likely still be alive today. She was always afraid yet was always there for me when disaster would happen. Most of my scar tissue is from a ovarian cyst that burst and took my right ovary I guess it did a lot of damage. I was only 17 at the time so I have lived with this scar tissue for quite some time and it bothers me every time they tell me it’s there.
My son and I bought regular bikes about 3-4 yrs ago unfortunately that’s when my knee went bad and my bike got parked. If my stationary bike gets me in shape to where it’s safe for me to travel safely on the regular one come spring I’ll do it. I’ll have to add that to my GOAL CALENDAR.
The groundhog is predicting an early spring I sure hope he’s right, it was almost 60* yesterday here raining all day but today it’s 10* and windy and freezing . Indiana weather is crazy!!!! Coat on coat off LOL
I love to go to our fairgrounds to walk and take Jalapeño that’s where my daughter showed him in 4-H and both my son and daughter were members in the Horse and pony club as well.
eggs and the lil tomatoes are great I too always have them on hand. I also keep the mozzarella string cheese , cucumber slices and pickles on hand in case I don’t get those calories. And need something to dip I use my Olive Garden dressing only a couple drops tho. Or cottage cheese for dip..
I do track my sodium and can’t go over 2300 mg so pickles are limited
I’ understand there’s gonna come a time we will need to drink a lot of broth which is ok with me as I have always loved chicken broth but I’ve only had it loaded with salt like Mrs grasses Soup if you’ve ever had it. So this week I’m gonna Buy a broth that has no salt that I found and see how it tastes. I figure I better see what I’m getting into. LOL who knows I might like it. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Ps here in Indiana I was raised to warm up with a cube of chicken bouillon and a cup of hot boiling Water, on those freezing cold winter days. Probably why we all have high blood pressure up north. 😥😩

hello. Well a new day and some reasonable eating habits today We need to get that weight down. I'm normally the last person on the earth to give advice about good eating habits. !!! I haven't followed any particular scheme or regimen After the band was fitted the weight slowly dropped off. Took some years but here I am 5 st lighter.
Andy... How are you sir

@lilDanille I’m not sure how to quote you on here yet so I hope you see my response!

I have my dietician class, chest X-ray, and ekg on March 14. My psych consult is on April 4. Once that’s done, all I have left is to schedule and do a pre op appointment. I wish my psych consult was sooner because I’m so excited!

hello

great talking to you , Im fie its interesting watching how medical care differs this side of the Atlantic. I paid for my op so total was approx $7.500 dollars in total that included after care plus life dietition care.

One thing i didn't find useful was the dietitian, found their advice was ok but limited.

Weather here has been mild over the last few days so been out in the gardening digging a tree up. Think I got sufficient exercise thanks!!