Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a surgery buddy;

3 hours ago, lilDanille said:

Thanks I am having a good day. And I have cut out the the binge eating but I have so many different things factoring and why I eat...you don't even know I'm completely changing my life in a matter of months

Sent from my moto e5 play using BariatricPal mobile app

I completely understand when things get tough and stress takes over you want to indulge.

I understand where you're coming from I have similar issues and have to understand once the operation happens you can never really have those old foods you crave. Have to change your whole life style but it's worth it in the end....

Didn’t get my email through to the case manager but will likely call tomorrow. What do you say to those who want to “express their concern “ and try and discourage you from surgery.

Didn’t get my email through to the case manager but will likely call tomorrow. What do you say to those who want to “express their concern “ and try and discourage you from surgery.
Wow that's a tough one. I am a very honest person bluntly honest. I usually just tell them their opinion is of no importance to me... unless it is then idk lol

4 hours ago, c.sfire said:

I'm very honest and smug "thank you for your concern"

hello. Well a new day and some reasonable eating habits today We need to get that weight down. I'm normally the last person on the earth to give advice about good eating habits. !!! I haven't followed any particular scheme or regimen After the band was fitted the weight slowly dropped off. Took some years but here I am 5 st lighter.

hello. Well a new day and some reasonable eating habits today We need to get that weight down. I'm normally the last person on the earth to give advice about good eating habits. !!! I haven't followed any particular scheme or regimen After the band was fitted the weight slowly dropped off. Took some years but here I am 5 st lighter.
Good eating habits and 5mile bike rides the last few days I'm on the right track

On 2/1/2019 at 10:51 PM, lilDanille said:

I'm just getting started what is my nutrition classes watching what I eat and drink. I'm in search of some friends to get support from. I would love to have a few friends to talk to you on the regular please send me some messages if you would like to Work through some if this with me.

Hello I am 7 months into this program, today is my appointment to pick up my shakes for my liquid diet and meet with my surgeon to get everything I need for my surgery on 2-25-19. Anything I can help you with let me know. I am here to help.

Have a great day.

Hello Danielle, I too am a newbie too, I’ve had my labs and went to my conference meeting and my first Dr. appointment. Dietician, and Appmt with the nurse. My next appmt is scheduled for feb 25 and I am excited and full of questions, and have a notebook with lists to address.
I suggest you do the same. Do you journal your food intake? I journal everything and I have found some really cool APPS on my iPhone that help me there this journey.
I would love to help you and be- friend you as I could use a great buddy as well. Right now my chihuahua who is really SOLID is doing the best he can to help out. LOL !!! He goes on the 1/2 hr walks with me in hopes he too becomes less SOLID and leaner. He’s a great champ and understands me but his lil legs do get tired so he needs to rest, and I meantime need encouragement at times to keep going as my family loves to eat the junk in front of me that I no longer can have.
I will say since the beginning of this year I have had a lot of fun cooking new things all over again something I’ve gotten away from in our busy life styles. I’m learning a lot about nutrition and what is good and bad and I’ve also found that your taste buds do change after you go without eating certain foods after a while. You also desire certain foods more as well.
As far as my surgery future I expect to have my surgery in June or July it’s not determined yet. My surgeon requires 6 months of a process time to make sure that you are in it to succeed. I’m on a 1200 calorie diet as of right now 80 gr of Protein a day low carbs, low fat, 30 minutes of walking 5 days a week. I’m expected to lose 2 lbs a week. I’m leaning toward RNY but Open to the sleeve as well. I started out weighing 296lbs on Jan 1st today I weighed in at 273lbs
I am doing very well on this and actually have lost 23 lbs so far. My right knee no longer hurts and I don’t limp when I walk. So I’m excited for my next appointment to report back. I log everything I have found some really great recipes, and am enjoying this journey for once I’ve set goals that I believe are reachable.
Danielle goals are important make sure you make them I’ve got all kinds of cool ideas if you’d like some. I would love to help you and I’d love to have you be my buddy as well. Best wishes with this journey your on you can do it!!!!
Thanks Jennifer

Hello Danielle, I too am a newbie too, I’ve had my labs and went to my conference meeting and my first Dr. appointment. Dietician, and Appmt with the nurse. My next appmt is scheduled for feb 25 and I am excited and full of questions, and have a notebook with lists to address.
I suggest you do the same. Do you journal your food intake? I journal everything and I have found some really cool APPS on my iPhone that help me there this journey.
I would love to help you and be- friend you as I could use a great buddy as well. Right now my chihuahua who is really SOLID is doing the best he can to help out. LOL !!! He goes on the 1/2 hr walks with me in hopes he too becomes less SOLID and leaner. He’s a great champ and understands me but his lil legs do get tired so he needs to rest, and I meantime need encouragement at times to keep going as my family loves to eat the junk in front of me that I no longer can have.
I will say since the beginning of this year I have had a lot of fun cooking new things all over again something I’ve gotten away from in our busy life styles. I’m learning a lot about nutrition and what is good and bad and I’ve also found that your taste buds do change after you go without eating certain foods after a while. You also desire certain foods more as well.
As far as my surgery future I expect to have my surgery in June or July it’s not determined yet. My surgeon requires 6 months of a process time to make sure that you are in it to succeed. I’m on a 1200 calorie diet as of right now 80 gr of Protein a day low carbs, low fat, 30 minutes of walking 5 days a week. I’m expected to lose 2 lbs a week. I’m leaning toward RNY but Open to the sleeve as well. I started out weighing 296lbs on Jan 1st today I weighed in at 273lbs
I am doing very well on this and actually have lost 23 lbs so far. My right knee no longer hurts and I don’t limp when I walk. So I’m excited for my next appointment to report back. I log everything I have found some really great recipes, and am enjoying this journey for once I’ve set goals that I believe are reachable.
Danielle goals are important make sure you make them I’ve got all kinds of cool ideas if you’d like some. I would love to help you and I’d love to have you be my buddy as well. Best wishes with this journey your on you can do it!!!!
Thanks Jennifer
Hello Jennifer I am very excited to hear from you. We are about that same place on our road to surgery. I hope to get mine the middle of April. My current weight is about 330 and my goal is 150 so I have a long way to go. I just had my psych eval yesterday and it was awesome. The doctor had the sleeve 3 years ago and he has lots of positive things to say.
Wow your family sounds about like mine lol. My boyfriend is an in-shape ice cream junkie and it's so irritating lol

Hello I am 7 months into this program, today is my appointment to pick up my shakes for my liquid diet and meet with my surgeon to get everything I need for my surgery on 2-25-19. Anything I can help you with let me know. I am here to help.
Have a great day.
So the hospital provides everything for your liquid diet?

Thanks Jennifer
My exercise consists of riding my bike. It is my transportation so I ride a few miles just about every day. Im very active which is why I didn't even see this weight packing on until...damn 300lbs

7 minutes ago, lilDanille said:

So the hospital provides everything for your liquid diet?

The doctor provides it but i had to pay out of pocket it was not covered by my insurance. They gave me Vitamins and shakes for the 15 day liquid diet I have to be on before my surgery. Make sure you ask ahead of time so you can be prepared to pay if you need too. I hope this helps. My surgeon met with me and told me only liquids for the 15 days, shakes, broth, Water, Jello, jello pudding and Popsicle and if I am craving some salt I can drink Pickle Juice not too much but enough to get the salt craving to go away.

13 minutes ago, lilDanille said:

How much was it if you don't mind me asking

It was $300 for 15 days of shakes and Vitamins.