Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Soft Stage Question

I am just wondering if any of you have whole wheat tortillas in your plan? During the soft stage I am allowed to add crackers and whole wheat bread. Do you think mini whole wheat tortillas would fit in this category? Not a big enough deal to warrant a call to the NUT, just was a conversation I was having with my son about certain foods.

I personally wouldn't be looking to fill your dance card up with carbs. At soft stage you are still just trying to get your Protein in. Concentrate on soft Proteins only.

You're allowed these in the soft stage? The only two things I can tell you about my experience is that my doctor told me to get my Protein in first and usually by then I don't have any room for anything else, so the carbs would never make it in as I'd fill up with 2 oz of protein first and that when I did try to eat a soft taco with a soft tortilla I threw up what we call here "the foamies" because the soft doughy bread doesn't work for me yet. My doctor told me to stay away from bread for at least 3 months.

Yea, we are allowed to try them in soft stage. We do Protein first, veg, and then a starch. They focus on all of those things but know that you want to fee normal too and have variety. Thanks for sharing your experience.

I'm here to tell you that if at 10weeks, you can ALREADY handle getting all your Protein in from food, AND get some veg in, AND eat carby bread? You need to go talk to your doc and RD. Cuz you've got big trouble in River City.

Also this is your HONEYMOON PERIOD. Seriously.

Don't squander the fu*k out of it by going back to the foods that got you all the way to the Obesity Ball the first time!!! Dude! Serious rationalization going down in your head. Own it. Change it. Or be potentially doomed to experience never reaching goal, and regaining your weight.

The End.

Live well.

The serving size is a cracker and a 1/4 slice of bread, toasted. I don’t think that reverts to my old ways. Good lord 😒

You can eat that NOW. But let me tell you. Your anatomy WILL mature. And you will find that bread, crackers, chips, et al WILL act like slider foods and go straight down your gullet without making you feel full. And since you didn't bother to break the habit while it was "easy" and you had your restriction, you will suffer. And will end up trying to "diet" while still continuing to push the rock uphill--rather than taking this time to divorce yourself from the problem foods that got you fat in the first place.

I am just wondering if any of you have whole wheat tortillas in your plan? During the soft stage I am allowed to add crackers and whole wheat bread. Do you think mini whole wheat tortillas would fit in this category? Not a big enough deal to warrant a call to the NUT, just was a conversation I was having with my son about certain foods.
Truth is you can eat anything. All you have to do is chew on it to a soft consistency. But do you really want to do that? [emoji16]
We have a new baby. We have to keep the baby healthy.[emoji4]

I was told no bread/high carbs for a year.
Am i waiting for that year to come?..nope!
Im 5 months post op still learning to eat healthy and focused on no bread at all, no rice, no tortillas, no crackers ect. Id rather fill my pouch with chicken, fish,veggies, salads, Protein ect..

I hope you find this helpful. Be very careful and selective on everything you intake. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you. I plan on not putting anything in that doesn’t have nutritional value. Are you saying your plan does not include grains?

Thank you. I plan on not putting anything in that doesn’t have nutritional value. Are you saying your plan does not include grains?
It does..even though i dont eat much of it but i do oats, and some healthy grain granola.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m 10 days out and my left side is still excruciatingly painful. Is this normal? Also, I had my second Protein Shake about 4:30 and then supper around 7:00. Now, my left side is unbearable!! Is there a chance I overfilled my pouch to close together? I’m miserable! I’m supposed to do my third Protein shake later this evening. I can’t bear it! Should I just call it quits for tonight and start a new day tomorrow? Actually, my whole day’s schedule got off because I slept in this morning.

I have had horrible gas pains since last night that produce a little bit of diarrhea. I’m hoping it’s either the Beans I ate yesterday, or the Protein Drinks. I just took some gas-x hoping for some relief. My whole day has been messed up too because of it. I did make sure to get my Water in.

I think I am going to hold off on soft stage that I’m suppose to start Monday.