Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1st post and feeling bummed

Hi everyone. My surgery is scheduled for Friday, Feb 8th. I'm 1 week into the Optifast liquid diet and feel horrible...not to mention the gastric distress I'm experiencing from no solid food. I'm supposed to drink 5 of the "tasty" shakes each day but am lucky if I can choke down 3. I know that is contributing to my fatigue and moodiness but they are just horrible. I don't even like regular shakes that are loaded with calories and flavor! I just broke weak and ate a tangerine. Now I'm worried that my liver won't shrink and my surgery will be postponed. I've tried watching videos on YouTube for inspiration and they are encouraging, but they don't help me not feel so fatigued. How did everyone make it through the pre-op diet?

I literally pep talked myself through, sometimes out loud. Write it out, say it out loud, phone a friend, drink tea, Water, shake on the rocks, shake blended with sugar free Torani Syrup, shake in Decaf coffee, shake in the sunlight, shake under the stars, Netflix and Shake...

You can do this. ❤

Edited by GreenTealael

A single tangerine isn't going to make enough of a difference with your liver. Just keep strong from this point on. The shakes are vile, definitely, but you can do it!

drink lots of water!!! after day 4 or so, everything gets better I promise! This is all part of the process. I had to do a 14 day liquid diet.

Just think, this is just temporary. Also try and stay away from any place that has food. The mall, eateries everywhere, i just went dormant and stayed at home a lot. Keep thinking, i will be able to eat again. It is not permanent

You can do this! You are worth it! This is temporary! Keep focused and eye on the prize. Surgery date is coming soon. Best of luck to you. We are all here to cheer you along!