Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Burn sensation when having a bowel movement

So sometime ago i posted about this to see if anyone was expierincing these problems basically when i poop it burns. Well it finally got so bad i went to er they said its proctitis he did not give me anything at all just left me in pain. then went to see my doctor said the same thing but he gave me some muscle relaxers and stool softners and valium and of course doing sitz baths but still nothing helps. I keep telling them i think its my poop burning me but they just disregard me even my bariatric surgeon said it was not an issue with the surgery so he is not concerned. I am so worried waiting on a gastroenterologist to see me but in the mean time i have to go back to work and no changes. I dont know what to do i had blood work done was low in zinc and Iron and d i asked the nutritionist if this would cause the problem she said she did not know. Oh great these people cant seem to help me pain is severe just want to be able to go without glass shards coming out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I would get some OTC Prilosec while you're waiting for the doctors to figure it out just to eliminate the possibility of excessive acid production. You could chomp on some tums too and see if that makes a difference.

It sounds as though you may have excess acid so an acid reduced and possibly a change to what you are eating may help

On 01/30/2019 at 16:41, doxaholic said:

So sometime ago i posted about this to see if anyone was expierincing these problems basically when i poop it burns. Well it finally got so bad i went to er they said its proctitis he did not give me anything at all just left me in pain. then went to see my doctor said the same thing but he gave me some muscle relaxers and stool softners and valium and of course doing sitz baths but still nothing helps. I keep telling them i think its my poop burning me but they just disregard me even my bariatric surgeon said it was not an issue with the surgery so he is not concerned. I am so worried waiting on a gastroenterologist to see me but in the mean time i have to go back to work and no changes. I dont know what to do i had blood work done was low in zinc and Iron and d i asked the nutritionist if this would cause the problem she said she did not know. Oh great these people cant seem to help me pain is severe just want to be able to go without glass shards coming out.

Maybe an anal fissure? This can happen with Constipation and passing hard stools that you get a tear. It is like pooping razor blades and burns 🥵 can be very painful .....

Sent you a PM.

49 minutes ago, doxaholic said:

Post op i never got your message

OK . I'll resend it.

I know this is a while ago but I had surgery almost two months ago and am having a very similar situation to the burning feeling that lingers for a while after every time I pass a bowel movement. I’m going at least once a day but I never look forward to it cause of the pain and it makes it really uncomfortable to sit or do most anything. I don’t feel like I’m passing very hard stools but I did have a small hemorrhoid early on but doctors and dieticians have not been really able to suggest anything. Did you find anything that helped and how is it now after a few years?