Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BMI Goal: is your BMI goal to be healthy or overweight?

LOL, not me, I wanna die a skinny b***h. [emoji6]
Hehehe
I'll just be a b*****

[emoji738]

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

I'm hoping to stay in the 26-28 range. I was anecdotally told that people in this category live longer-term than lower BMI ranges. For me that is still overweight/obese. So I hope it's true in my case for sure

My BMI is currently 25.4 and I’m definitely still FAT.

Awwwww I feel your pain keenly. Seriously Y'all know idc about the look of fat or skinny ...
I just want to be healthy and have the flat stomach of a virgin. Sorry not sorry

[emoji738]

BMI is not a good way to go.

BMI does not take into account each person's DNA and body structure and build.

I've done the BMI for my goal weight and yes it still says obese my goal weight is right on the edge of healthy but I know for a fact I'd be very unhealthy if I was in the lower range BMI healthy I'd have to lose a further 20lbs below my goal weight.

I'm currently 320 but I'm big bone and 6ft or 183cm I know for a fact my perfect range is 180-190 but 180 is healthy but 190 is obese which is dumb because I know 180 is probably lowest I'd want to be.... BMI calculator shows my goal of 180 as right at the end of the healthy range.......

I’m 2.8 lbs away from being overweight and I’m not stopping there! My goal is a normal BMI!

I set my initial goal weight at 145 which would put me right around a BMI of 24. I do want to get to that weight but the last time I was there I was in high school and I was "skinny fat". Basically, I was thin but I never exercised and ate crappy, not strong or muscular, etc.

So, now I'm 104 lbs down, with still 72 lbs to go. I weight train 4x weekly and have great muscle retention per my team. I think I'm going to be waaaay too thin at 145. I'm going to do it and see when I get there. But if I have to fight tooth and nail to maintain that weight once I get there even when sticking to my plan, that tells me it's too low.

Right now, I fit easily into my wedding dress and I currently weigh 25lbs MORE than I did when I originally wore it. And it was snug. We shall see what happens!