Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anyone do a complete clean out of their pantry before surgery? I am thinking about completely emptying my pantry. My husband barely eats so he would not really care. I have made over a months worth of meals for my son and have them in the freezer. I am just thinking if I clear the pantry when I go to solids I can start fresh with only healthy foods. What have others done?

Cleaning the pantry seems like a great idea. I have already put my shakes in there and Soup. Also unsweetened apple sauce. To take my crushed up pills......
But the Hubby and my 3 kids already started eating my Soups as long as they tell me and I can get back to the store or Hubs can get everything I need.

Tomorrow I start on my liquid diet and Thursday is my Surgery.

Going backtoOrignal post. I can clean it tomorrow. Thanks for great ideas ...

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Did anyone do a complete clean out of their pantry before surgery? I am thinking about completely emptying my pantry. My husband barely eats so he would not really care. I have made over a months worth of meals for my son and have them in the freezer. I am just thinking if I clear the pantry when I go to solids I can start fresh with only healthy foods. What have others done?
Great idea!

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using BariatricPal mobile app

I did a kitchen purge. Since I live alone i was able to get new much smaller dishes to eat off of. I Hated my old dishes. I kept some stuff that wouldn't go bad for a while and all my flours and sugars, Condiments, tossed or donated dishes, cups, old plastic wear, and reorganized everything and put shelf liner down like a functioning adult. It was nice.

Don't have to worry about excess foods of any kind, rotten ex-landlord kept all of mine when I moved and he locked me out. Had to rebuild a pantry, all I moved were my Protein Shakes, a gallon jug of 1%milk, a dozen eggs and propel and Nestle Splash in a Styrofoam cooler. GOD better keep him in his home county over. 140 miles away, because I will kick him in the shins at the first opportunity. Claims to be a lay minister, but I don't believe he's one of my GOD's, I am a widow, bet he would wrench the last mite out of my fingers. He thought he could easily sell that house, Ha Ha, he's having to do all remodeling it needed now, couldn't sell it for $45,000 in the shape it was, refused to do repairs when I lived there, just one of the many reasons I left after 18 years. Kept my food, the majority of my clothes, my shoes, my winter coats and all the furniture I couldn't move in one load. All he returned were 3 big bulky Bibles that I really didn't want that MUCH. Had planned to donate them to Goodwill or Salvation Army, they were going to be in the second load I was going to move. Must have been watching from a neighbor's house, soon as I left with the truck he changed the locks, called my local police department, they refused to get,involved, I'm told now the County Sherrif would have helped, how'd I know that? This never happened in my entire life to Me! Rant over, hostile thoughts NOT.

I did! It's easier for me because I live alone so I don't have to worry about what other people will eat or want to eat. I tried to load up on a lot of things that I knew I'd be able to eat, Jello, etc and haven't eaten most of it. I would get a few of a lot of different things. It's true that your tastebuds will change after surgery.