Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post your daily complaint/gripe.

I haven't! I might try that because this is truly driving me crazy. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

Welcome. =)

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

14 hours ago, insta_adventurer said:
So we all know this life/surgery is not always sunshine and rainbows and I figured I’d make a thread for people to voice whatever is bugging them (related to surgery) that day... no matter how trivial it may seem.

Sometimes it’s just therapeutic to vent.
Sometimes hearing someone say, “oh I’ve been there, too!” can be helpful.

My daily gripe?

TMI alert

Something made me throw up this morning. I think it was the Iron pill I’ve recently been told to take. But ya know what really grinds my gears about this? The taste of the Iron pill after throwing up the first time made me KEEP throwing up. Awful, awful, awful!

Guess who got a near instant dose of universal return... Me. That Goonies gif. Not so funny in hindsight @insta_adventurer

1_m2tKiulp4H0YqOe-kwxM_Q.png

You poor thing! My tummy still feels off today. I elected to skip the Iron this morning. Maybe I’ll attempt it at dinner when I’ve got less stuff to take?

Silver lining is I think my stall may have broke.

Just remember! Goonies never say die!

Today’s complaint. People gathering outside my office a half hour before lunch to talk about food... every. single. day.

On 1/29/2019 at 10:31 AM, insta_adventurer said:
On 1/29/2019 at 9:58 AM, Jazzy1125 said:

My gripe today is not being able to go to the bathroom. I started taking a probiotic yesterday so i hope it kicks in soon. I am over this Constipation stuff.. It is driving me crazy!

Are you on anything else for it? I take doculax and Metamucil.. with the occasional nightcap of Miralax.

I called my Dr. yesterday. He had me do an enema last night and starting today Ducolax daily until it kicks in my intestines again. However... I dont know if i should do it in the morning or evening LOL.. Any thoughts?

Grip time: Chipotle has my SAC roiling... Since yesterday. I decided to be flexible because someone said they *Loved* it so I went along with the choice...

giphy.gif

My gripe is that it's too cold outside with the windchill. I wanna go for a walk. My anxiety is getting the best of me. Tomorrow is my surgery date. On my liquids now.

On 01/30/2019 at 12:31, GreenTealael said:

Grip time: Chipotle has my SAC roiling... Since yesterday. I decided to be flexible because someone said they *Loved* it so I went along with the choice...

giphy.gif

I haven’t done Chipotle since surgery... just too much food for me to even think about at this point. Same with Bellinis counter. What Chipotle did you go to? We used to hit up the Latham one every once and while but eventually stopped because it just never looked like they cleaned the place.

1 hour ago, insta_adventurer said:

I haven’t done Chipotle since surgery... just too much food for me to even think about at this point. Same with Bellinis counter. What Chipotle did you go to? We used to hit up the Latham one every once and while but eventually stopped because it just never looked like they cleaned the place.

Exactly...hmmmm

Today's gripe - coconut cashews: why you so tasty? And did you really need to be on sale today at the CVS. I seriously did not need to blow 240 calories and a mess of carbs on you today!

One of my biggest complaints right now is the fact that I now have to take so many medications, and I have to stagger them over a period of hours because if I take them together as I used to do before the surgery, I will start vomiting and get terribly nauseous. Although it sounds silly and is me just over exaggerating, it feels like I spend a big portion of the day trying to figure out when to take my medications since there's just so many now. :|

Sent from my H60-L04 using BariatricPal mobile app

One of my biggest complaints right now is the fact that I now have to take so many medications, and I have to stagger them over a period of hours because if I take them together as I used to do before the surgery, I will start vomiting and get terribly nauseous. Although it sounds silly and is me just over exaggerating, it feels like I spend a big portion of the day trying to figure out when to take my medications since there's just so many now. :|

Sent from my H60-L04 using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes! I totally feel you. I always feel better taking medication with food, but I was unable to do that and I hated it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

Gripe of the day...this nonsense

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

Gripe of the day...this nonsense
image-0.00202655792236328.jpg.d22c1a583fb4678c79fbdebdb6ea790f.jpg
We have the same nonsense going on. CHICAGO closed down today.

My bariatric nurse said Benifiber helps with all poop issues. Both extremes.
My gripe.....9 days post op. Feeling so great but craving real food. Today had bites of chicken (chewed to pulp) and a shrimp. So freaking good. I feel like I taste things more now. So far my tastes have not changed.