Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weird post surgery things

On 1/29/2019 at 9:12 AM, KCgirl061 said:

I'm craving either plain ol chocolate or salty pretzels. Nuts help with the pretzel craving but haven't figured out how to deal with the chocolate craving yet!

Make sugar free hot cocoa: 1 cup milk (fairlife to get more protien), 1TBL unsweetened cocoa, 1 packet sugar substitute of choice, a drop of vanilla, and a teeny tiny bit of salt. Made with fairlife milk: 92 cal, 14g Protein, 9g carbs, 1g fat

I'm craving veggies. I don't have enough room to get my protein and eat many veggies. I used to have a big ol' veg stir fry for dinner and salad for lunch on most days and I miss both.

KCgirl061 I don’t know how far out you are but have you tried cocoa roasted almonds?

Don't eat processed meats like lunch meat. Full of nitrates that cause cancer

On 2/1/2019 at 11:35 AM, MartyKay said:

KCgirl061 I don’t know how far out you are but have you tried cocoa roasted almonds?

I'm about 7 months out. I haven't picked up cocoa roasted almonds but I got some chocolate PB2 and I've been enjoying that on rice cakes.

For a sweet fix, I am enjoying the chocolate oikos with a Tbsp of PB2 mixed in.

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 8:08 AM, Myhorseisfattoo said:

I still just want a freaking SALAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crunchy, savory, yummy salad!

Other than a tootsie pop at a basketball game, I have not had a sweet since prior to pre-op diet. Oddly, I crave salty/spicy almost entirely. Tried to eat pho....epic fail. couldn't get much at all down the hatch!

I did cave and do Chinese....I made 4 meals out of it MINUS the rice.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:23 AM, notmyname said:

I'm craving veggies. I don't have enough room to get my Protein and eat many veggies. I used to have a big ol' veg stir fry for dinner and salad for lunch on most days and I miss both.

had my first small salad this past week. MAN was it good! greens, cheese, slivered almonds,

I am eating and enjoying salads now with ZERO trouble. I can only eat a few bites because I want my Protein, but it's better than nada! I've also added in berries, which is just exciting beyond compare for me!!