Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So here I am 2.5 wks post-op, on pureed foods, and trying to get in enough liquids and Protein but it's not easy. Before surgery I loved Water, always kept a huge mug of ice water with me and chugged it all day long. NOW I don't like the taste of it! I thought maybe the filter on my water faucet wasn't working properly so I started drinking bottled water that someone bought...nope...still does NOT taste good to me :( How does that happen?!

So here I am 2.5 wks post-op, on pureed foods, and trying to get in enough liquids and Protein but it's not easy. Before surgery I loved Water, always kept a huge mug of ice Water with me and chugged it all day long. NOW I don't like the taste of it! I thought maybe the filter on my water faucet wasn't working properly so I started drinking bottled water that someone bought...nope...still does NOT taste good to me [emoji20] How does that happen?!
I feel ur pain I am 8 weeks out and still struggle with water. I use to love it soooo much...idk how this happens

miss.carter

It’s apparently common. Just add a dash of flavour to it and it should make a difference

For some reason when I drink plain Water, I actually get physically ill and I don't understand it at all? I have a phonecall scheduled for Monday with my nutritionist, and should hopefully have an answer then. I noticed that I don't have the problem though if the water is flavored with something.

Sent from my SM-J330F using BariatricPal mobile app

I must admit that I haven't been drinking any plain Water. I drink plenty of liquids each day, but not water. I have Gatorade Zero, diet peach tea, Decaf regular tea unsweetened, and Protein Shakes. I bought some Crystal Light for water, but I haven't even drank that.

I cannot do regular Water, but i was that way before surgery. I just do not like it UNLESS it is super ice cold and it is very HOT outside.. Other than that i live with flavor in my purse. HAHA i actually ran out while at work the other day.. and walked around like i was gonna die LOL.. Dramatic at least! I immediately went to the store to buy some after work but needless to say.. I did not get my water in that day no matter how much i tried!!!

I was warned prior to surgery by my nutritionist that a lot of people have issues with plain Water post surgery. It's not something to worry about, just put a dash of flavour in and that solves the problem.

This is why this forum is so great. I would have never known to expect a possible problem with plain Water post OP without this post. Thanks for sharing, i'm learning even more than I did from my nutritionist who I consider very thorough.

I am sitting here sipping my strawberry kiwi Propel from a glass 2 oz shotglass, this is my favorite of all the different ones. Had to but a multipack of 18 just to get it, somebody else is going to Wal-Mart and taking the 12 count s.k. off the shelf before I can get there. Wish they would drink an other one and leave my taste treat alone!🍶I cannot abide pee-warm temperature plain Water, never really could. Make it hot in Decaf tea, make it iced and I'll drop some Mio, Crystal light or a mint leaf or two, prefer spearmint over peppermint, or another herb and let it infuse a little.

Yeah, plain Water has been a bit tougher for me. The same can be said for my husband. We both have flavor packets we add to it, and that helps us tremendously with getting in our liquids. I think (correct me if I am wrong) it just happens for some patients? I also think it perhaps passes eventually. But yeah - try the flavors! They can actually be very nice.

On 1/26/2019 at 12:06 AM, kygirl68 said:

So here I am 2.5 wks post-op, on pureed foods, and trying to get in enough liquids and Protein but it's not easy. Before surgery I loved Water, always kept a huge mug of ice Water with me and chugged it all day long. NOW I don't like the taste of it! I thought maybe the filter on my water faucet wasn't working properly so I started drinking bottled water that someone bought...nope...still does NOT taste good to me :( How does that happen?!

I'm a little over a month post op had the same problem. So I did Powerade zero for a while and now that's started tasting gross and water is starting to taste better.

I was a big soda drinker, so transitioning to just Water and/or flat drinks has been really difficult. I have noticed that it's better when it's ice cold. I can't drink room temperature or even refrigerated water without filling it halfway with ice. Also, I'm drinking diet snapple iced tea, propel lemon water, crystal light flavored water, and other random drinks in between drinking plain water. Again, the key for me is a lot of ice!! Hope that helps.

If that is working fornyou, then More Power to you. We all have to find out what our new redesigned tummies will allow and disallow, and everyone is a little different. I loathe room temprsture plain Water yet another girl says that's all her but will accept.

So here I am 2.5 wks post-op, on pureed foods, and trying to get in enough liquids and Protein but it's not easy. Before surgery I loved Water, always kept a huge mug of ice Water with me and chugged it all day long. NOW I don't like the taste of it! I thought maybe the filter on my water faucet wasn't working properly so I started drinking bottled water that someone bought...nope...still does NOT taste good to me [emoji20] How does that happen?!

Same exact experience here!