Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know I shouldn't complain but i'm having a difficult time losing any more weight. I am almost 6 months out and I have lost 109 lbs. I started at 414 lbs. and now weigh

305 lbs. The problem is I haven't lost any weight in almost 2 weeks, I get on the scale and it says I lost 2 lbs. and then 3 days later it says I gained 4 lbs. it's crazy and I was wondering if anyone has experienced this?? I eat the same things I have since the start of solid foods and I walk 1 1?2 miles a day 5 days a week. I would really like to get some suggestions on what I can do to lose again. ( on the plus side this is the first time I can remember losing weight during the holiday season.

14 minutes ago, on my way to a new me said:

I know I shouldn't complain but i'm having a difficult time losing any more weight. I am almost 6 months out and I have lost 109 lbs. I started at 414 lbs. and now weigh

305 lbs. The problem is I haven't lost any weight in almost 2 weeks, I get on the scale and it says I lost 2 lbs. and then 3 days later it says I gained 4 lbs. it's crazy and I was wondering if anyone has experienced this?? I eat the same things I have since the start of solid foods and I walk 1 1?2 miles a day 5 days a week. I would really like to get some suggestions on what I can do to lose again. ( on the plus side this is the first time I can remember losing weight during the holiday season.

https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/351046-embrace-the-stall/

Can you post what you're eating, how much you're drinking, etc..

1 hour ago, FancyChristine15 said:

Can you post what you're eating, how much you're drinking, etc..

good point.

are you sticking close to your program? If no, get back to it. If yes, then you're in a stall. Just give it time and it will break.

I am eating oatmeal with flax seed and fruit for Breakfast , or egg omlette with spinach or peppers and onions, lunch is fruit and half a larabar if i'm out or salad, tuna with veggies and hummus or eggs for lunch and I try to eat what my husband eats for dinner ( on the healthier side) grilled chicken, brown rice and veggies for example,. I drink 1 cup of coffee 16 oz. 1 -16.3 oz Water and 2 -32 oz waters . for snack I have either 100 calorie nut, 100 calorie kind bar or skinny pop popcorn 100 calorie bag.

4 minutes ago, on my way to a new me said:

I am eating oatmeal with flax seed and fruit for Breakfast , or egg omlette with spinach or peppers and onions, lunch is fruit and half a larabar if i'm out or salad, tuna with veggies and hummus or eggs for lunch and I try to eat what my husband eats for dinner ( on the healthier side) grilled chicken, brown rice and veggies for example,. I drink 1 cup of coffee 16 oz. 1 -16.3 oz Water and 2 -32 oz waters . for snack I have either 100 calorie nut, 100 calorie kind bar or skinny pop popcorn 100 calorie bag.

This looks like a lot of carbs. Maybe focus on getting in more Protein, which will in turn make you reduce your carb intake.

4 minutes ago, on my way to a new me said:

some people are carb sensitive (I'm not, but I know a lot of people are). If you are, you might want to cut back on some of your carbs - it might help (oatmeal, rice, popcorn, Kind bars, Larabars, fruit). A lot of people focus mainly on Proteins and non-starchy vegetables during the weight loss phase and then add more carbs in once they hit maintenance. Again, not everyone is carb sensitive, but if you are, it might help.

You just have to wait ...maybe increas your exercice to 1 hour a day. You have lost soooo much weight your body needs a stall now.you will eat right do workout and wait untill you restart losing weight.
I am 1 month post op just lose 7 kg and my body stops losing week3.and 4 .we have to waint untill the body gets out of the schok situation of loosing so much weight.

Sent from my SM-G900V using BariatricPal mobile app

On 1/23/2019 at 7:50 AM, on my way to a new me said:

Congrats on 109 down and getting through the holidays without gain.

I'm not the food police. You know what your plan is. All I can offer is log food in an app. Make sure you hit your calorie and macro goals for each day (carb, fat, sugars) Be consistent with your food and exercise plan.

Stalls are frustrating. The thread gives many examples of things to try to break stalls.

Update us when the scale starts moving again.😊