Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ALMOST 5 MONTHS POST OP - STRUGGLING

I am 4 months and 3 weeks post op revision from Sleeve to bypass. I just feel like I am struggling and in a rut with losing. I have lost 54.2 (39.2 since surgery) which I am happy with, but my weight loss has really slowed down big time. I don't know if i am stalling or if my weight loss is done. I only lost 4.2 lbs last month and only 1.6 lbs so far this month. The last 2 weeks i have gained and lost same 2 lbs over and over. I am trying not to get frustrated and down about it, but i am down about it. I know we aren't supposed to compare ourselves to other.....BUT i see others with similar starting STATS as me and they are breezing right past me with their weight lost. I hope i am just losing slowly, or maybe stalling, and i will continue to tick away to my goal, my body just does not seem to want to cooperate.

I do great with my eating during the day but i struggle with night snacking/grazing which i am working on, I know this is an issue for me that i need to control. My cravings and head hunger seem to be strong in the evening. i am just worried because my weight loss "honeymoon" is ticking by and i am so discouraged that my body is stuck at this weight and i won't meet my goal. I guess Just needed to vent some today. This too shall pass.... I Hope!

yes weight loss definitely slows way down after the first few months. Also, you are a revision - and revision patients almost never lose as fast as those with virgin surgeries.

are you sticking to your plan? If not, do whatever you can to get back on track. If yes, then you're in a stall. Your honeymoon period is likely not over yet. I had long stalls after I was eight or so months post-op, and every time I thought my weight loss was done, but then it would start up again. It finally stopped at 18 months out (but that was fine because I was at a normal BMI by then)

On 1/22/2019 at 10:28 AM, shoregirl75 said:

I do great with my eating during the day but i struggle with night snacking/grazing which i am working on, I know this is an issue for me that i need to control. My cravings and head hunger seem to be strong in the evening. i am just worried because my weight loss "honeymoon" is ticking by and i am so discouraged that my body is stuck at this weight and i won't meet my goal. I guess Just needed to vent some today. This too shall pass.... I Hope!

Well, there's your problem, lady! :) Quit sabotaging yourself by snacking/grazing and doing things you KNOW you aren't supposed to be doing.

Come here often for support and to chat about things.

"This too shall pass" will fork you up, if you believe it. You have to ACTIVELY change, not continue to do the same things over and over, expecting a different outcome and for things to magically change. :(

Sorry. But I will say it's pretty common. In the 4th month you've gotten the hang of things, you're feeling good and living life and suddenly choices are not so easy nor clear cut. We have a tool with our WLS, but sadly, we still must be the captains of our ships and try very hard to develop those new behaviors that will keep us at goal for a lifetime!

16 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Well, there's your problem, lady! :) Quit sabotaging yourself by snacking/grazing and doing things you KNOW you aren't supposed to be doing.

Come here often for support and to chat about things.

"This too shall pass" will fork you up, if you believe it. You have to ACTIVELY change, not continue to do the same things over and over, expecting a different outcome and for things to magically change. :(

Sorry. But I will say it's pretty common. In the 4th month you've gotten the hang of things, you're feeling good and living life and suddenly choices are not so easy nor clear cut. We have a tool with our WLS, but sadly, we still must be the captains of our ships and try very hard to develop those new behaviors that will keep us at goal for a lifetime!

You are right! I have been more lax than I should be because of my evening craving being out of control. But I am giving myself some tough love and I am going to make changes to keep myself on track!

I used to hide in my bedroom after 8pm to avoid night time grazing but now I just eat porridge before bed

My surgeon said that when he does sleeve to bypass there really isnt a rapid weight loss phase. It doesnt work that way. Im sorry :(