Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unpleasant topic I know but...I'm 1-1/2 wks post vsg and have intermittent episodes of diarrhea 😫. Im still on liquids. I'm attributing it to the fact that Im not taking in solids AND all the artificial sweeteners in the sugar free Jello, pudding, popsickles. Anyone else have this issue????

you will have people on both ends of the spectrum. It can depend on how your body is processing the foods or liquids you are intaking. I have never had diarrhea, i on the contrary am the total opposite and have been for a while now. this week is my last test phase before i make a change in my supplements so i can fix the issue.. This once a week.. 2 hour bathroom visit is not working for me. :) Good Luck!

Unpleasant topic I know but...I'm 1-1/2 wks post vsg and have intermittent episodes of diarrhea [emoji31]. Im still on liquids. I'm attributing it to the fact that Im not taking in solids AND all the artificial sweeteners in the sugar free Jello, pudding, popsickles. Anyone else have this issue????
Yes, I am 5days post-op and had extreme diarrhea since coming home, except for today. I called my RD Friday and she told me to check the "sugar-free" liquids bec many contain sugar alcohols (sorbitol, sucralose, etc) which can promote it. My Protein Shakes are pea Protein based and only have stevia, however it was also giving me loose stool. I also notices that my B-12 quick melts & calcium citrate soft chews have sugar alcohols. My RD suggested that i drink some Pedialyte and then advance to full liquids (hot Cereal, cream of wheat/rice, grits) and non-dairy yogurt.

Today (Sun), i only ate the Cream of Wheat, Cream of Rice and Grits made with high protein almond milk, non-dairy yogurt and drank Water. I have had NO diarreha, but I also have NOT had a bowel movement at all today. Which, Im ok with for now, but I am about to try and drink a Protein Shake and hopefully my bowels will move w/out giving me diarrhea. I hope this helps a little.

Sent from my SM-N920P using BariatricPal mobile app

No, I didn't have that issue. I'm six weeks post-op VSG now and have had regular bowel movements the whole time.

I had it on my liquid diet phases. Enjoy it while it lasts, because I'm at 6weeks post op and pray for a bm.

Sent from my LGL59BL using BariatricPal mobile app

Just once, and I'm not really sure why it happened to be honest. It was... Very unpleasant, to say in the least and ugly yellow-orange. Mostly I have dealt with Constipation due to the very high Protein content in all of my food and drinks. I am now on medication to help regulate my bowel habits, hopefully!

Sent from my H60-L04 using BariatricPal mobile app

Basically bile without food to dilute it, I have had it before myself and when my IBS tendency flares it's almost always that shade and mucousy.

So before WLS on my many diets I learned I was allergic to sugar substitute called aspartame and also soy. The side effect of overloading your body with this will give you diarrhea big time. If you over done it will feel like you have food poison. So now I use this to my advantage when I'm constipated, I will have some. LOL