Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sneezing and Other Weird Signs Your Pouch is Full

same here i get a runny nose or when i start to I have already stopped eating .

Ever since I started on solid food and eat just a little too much I first have small burps, and then even if I have stopped eating I get a runny nose. It is definitely my sign!

from another site:

After surgery the Vagus Nerve, an important sensor that runs from your brain to your gut, is easily stimulated due to our altered anatomy. This nerve regulates digestion, detoxification, our “fight or flight” response, various aspects of heart rate and blood pressure and more. When it is stimulated you may have repetitive or single hiccups, sneezing, and or a runny nose.

LISTEN TO YOUR BODY as this is your new warning system telling you that you are getting really close to being full! Pay close attention to not over eat past this point.

This action is NOT a cue for you to take a break and then go back and finish. It means you are done.

yep - - - I get the hic-ups (which I did not have before my sleeve) or some lumber jack size belching. So unlady-like!! And there have been times, like recently after Thanksgiving and Christmas when I JUST HAD to have a little bit of this and a little bit of that, and a little bit more of this over here. Like I've never had mashed potatoes before? Geez! I'm down to 162 from 279, why would I want to kill myself over a tablespoon of mashed potatoes? Because we don't have giblet gravy every day, that's why! So, on those days when holiday meals are a feast, I will Sneeze, Hic-up, Belch, Cough, and then of course I will have to visit the bathroom to void before I wet myself. But, as long as I am careful I will not spuke. It's like my system is testing all it's warning drills, but doesn't go any farther.

Edited by Fibro Queen

I know where Rogers Arkansas is, it's the location of Sam Walton's
very first store, and now it is doubly famous for being your home Fibro Queen, very glad to make your acquaintance.🌺😛🌸

Very happy to make your acquaintance! 😎👟🌼🌼🦋 Just love butterflies - - remind me of a new creature coming out of their cocoon just like us!!!

I sneeze when I get too full. It isn't a full on sneezing attach just 2 or 3 sneezes.

I just get this weird hiccup when I’m full...no sneezing.

I've been sneezing when I am full. A couple of times I didn't realise the connection and I ended up being sick :( Today when I sneezed I immediately stopped eating and was fine!

Sneezing, runny nose, hiccup...I get them all. So weird

On 1/19/2019 at 11:17 AM, Frustr8 said:

I know where Rogers Arkansas is, it's the location of Sam Walton's
very first store, and now it is doubly famous for being your home Fibro Queen, very glad to make your acquaintance.🌺😛🌸

I moved to Washington State from Harrison Arkansas. That was the location of Sam Walton's second store. A lot of the people there knew him personally. He would show up at his store with his old pick-up full of watermelons for the employees. He was quite a different person than his offspring. I remember when they gutted his original store #2 and built a super center across town. None of the small businesses could compete after that. Now we have Amazon doing the same thing.

So True, Ed__NW So True!. I am a former Wallyl-Worlder for 11years, 3 months, 3 days, much more loyal as it turned out to them than they were to me BUT THAT is anotherdifferent facet,of the whole deal. The person I would have wanted to meet you would have been Miss Helen. Sam may have had SMARTS but SHE was the one who had the college degree to back it up!

Omg, the throwing up thing is driving me nuts. I can't seem to gauge properly when I am full. I think I might go back on liquids for a bit.

I get hiccups!!