Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys,

I am planning on going to Mexico for vsg. However I’m terrified of dying on the table and leaving my son without a mother. I would never forgive myself if that happened. I would never be approved is the US; I have a BMI of 32. I would like to I know your oppinions of ALM. I have gained and lost the same twenty pounds for the last 20 years. My weight just keeps creeping higher and higher. I’m so frustrated with myself and afraid of leaving my son without a mother.

Hey guys,
I am planning on going to Mexico for vsg. However I’m terrified of dying on the table and leaving my son without a mother. I would never forgive myself if that happened. I would never be approved is the US; I have a BMI of 32. I would like to I know your oppinions of ALM. I have gained and lost the same twenty pounds for the last 20 years. My weight just keeps creeping higher and higher. I’m so frustrated with myself and afraid of leaving my son without a mother.
Then don't do it.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes

Do your research. Ask questions. Choose a facility that is classified as a "Surgery center of excellence" (USA ) AND a surgeon who has a title of "surgeon of excellence". This is is YOUR LIFE. DONT BARGAIN SHOP CAUSE YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. Your not going to get A ROLLS ROYCE ON A SKATE BOARD BUDGET. Get a loan if you need to. Purchase a health insurance policy that covers bariatric surgery (just long enough to get your surgery) if you need to, set up a GoFundMe.com account if you need to, sell stuff on eBay if you need to. State Medicaid may pay for it. It does in some states. Look into that. There's a good book called weight loss surgery for dummies. It covers ALL aspects including financial issues. It's available on eBay, Amazon and may also be available at your local library. I recently saw a segment on "The Doctors" about people going to Mexico for plastic surgery. OMG! I wouldn't get a pedicure there! It's ok to bargain shop for your shoes... Your clothes... Even your groceries... But not your health... Not your very life and certainly not your child very future. Believe me I understand your weight struggle. I'm 53 and have been fighting for 35 years... Maybe longer than you've been alive perhaps??? I've Just now been approved for surgery so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. But ten years ago my insurance didn't cover this. Even then I WOULD NOT have stepped foot into Mexico even if THEY paid ME.

@lifeisfaith what is your problem? She’s asking for advice about surgery and all you can say is “make funeral arrangements “! That’s uncalled for. Thousands of people go to Mexico for medical treatments (not just wls) and they come home fine. If you don’t feel comfortable going there for surgery that is fine but don’t bad mouth us who do.

@Merf12 it is normal to feel scared about all this. It is major surgery. Be sure to do your research. Im using Go Light Bariatrics for my surgery in April but there are loads of other qualified surgeons down there (Endobariatric, A Lighter Me and others). If you need to talk any more about your worries, just PM me and we will figure it out. You got this hon!!

OP, please don't stress about going to Mexico. There are thousands of people who come from all over the world for Medical Tourism and leave with excellent care and results. I'm one of those people. I ended up going with BariatricPal MX for my surgery, and I couldn't be happier with how the procedure went or the care I received. Everything was excellent, and I know there are several hospitals in Mexico that provide similar results and care.

My wife (who had a low BMI) and I travelled to Mexico from New Zealand to have surgery at BariatricPal MX. It was a very good choice for us.