Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long did it take you to get your surgeries?

8 minutes ago, jasmineinmymind said:

I also researched and am continuing to watch every Youtube video, forums, articles etc obsessively. I feel at this point I am TOTALLY prepared, or as prepared as i will ever be! Its a good thing

Yes! I'm all about the Youtubers right now.

Just now, WeGettingThere said:

I hope my process is as easy as yours was. I think after my final weight management class they will start scheduling me for tests.

I made an Excel sheet and I treated it like a part time job. I spent hours on the phone scheduling and charting what I had to do. Thats the only way to do it. Get 'er done!

3 hours ago, WeGettingThere said:

I have a year of document attempts too! I hope you're good to go!

Oh man, I hope so too!!! I'm such a planner and can't wait to start preparing and stockpiling things I'll need later. I gotta reel it in a little bit! LOL! I've been researching and watching videos like a crazy lady.

Wow!!!! Mine was a month! From start to operating. IT was so great!

I feel you 100%. I live alone so I'm already asking my friends to come up with "shifts" to watch me.

Even my SO is like "wait until you schedule your surgery before you start freaking out"

Leave me alone!

Edited by WeGettingThere

3 minutes ago, shanza said:

Wow!!!! Mine was a month! From start to operating. IT was so great!

You're lying!

You're so lucky. :(

NOT lying. I did the online informational, then appointment, and then nut and psych eval. Waited almost 2 weeks for insurance approval and set surgery. IT was wonderful

My first appt was the beginning of November and my surgery is tomorrow. I have Cigna. It would have went faster but there was a solid 2-3 weeks of delays because Cigna kept "losing" paper work.

3 hours ago, anonbaribabe said:

My policy also has something similar to this, but this is separate from the supervised diet I had to do. For this I had to list other ways I had tried to lose weight in the past: Weight Watchers, behavior modification, diet/exercise, Beach Body programs, etc. My PCP and I discussed these and then she signed off on it. This was to show failed attempts, but for the supervised diet I was required to lose a certain amount of weight. Your surgeon's office should be able to interpret it for you—I found my patient coordinator through my surgeon was more knowledgeable about these requirements than the insurance customer service reps.

I brought with me a spreadsheet of my last year's daily calories, exercise and weekly weigh-ins. (We have ongoing biggest loser challenges at work with a payout) I also had a whole list of all the diets and methods of attempted weight loss for the past several years. Gahhh... I can't wait to get this ball rolling already!

ETA: I agree, the customer service reps both acted like I was asking something they'd never been asked before.

Edited by sunkiss1979

13 minutes ago, shanza said:

NOT lying. I did the online informational, then appointment, and then nut and psych eval. Waited almost 2 weeks for insurance approval and set surgery. IT was wonderful

I did an online informational too.

10 minutes ago, ekstone86 said:

My first appt was the beginning of November and my surgery is tomorrow. I have Cigna. It would have went faster but there was a solid 2-3 weeks of delays because Cigna kept "losing" paper work.

Good luck! You got this.

I have Blue cross/blue shield of Illinois (I live in idaho) they require 1 nutrition class, 1 psych evaluation and to have a certain BMI (which I do) my surgeon wanted an upper GI x ray done to check for reflux and hiatul hernia. I do not have to do any kind of supervised weight loss program. My first appointment with the surgeon was January 8th. My last required appointment is tomorrow morning with the psychologist. Then everything will be submitted to insurance. I am really hoping for an early to mid February surgery date because I am going to England at the end of May and I want to have lost some serious weight by then!

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had my first "official" visit with the surgeon this week. I'm still in the pre-op process, but my insurance is Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois even though I live in Texas. My only requirements are to complete 3 consecutive monthly nutrition visits and a psych eval and endoscopy to check for any existing stomach issues. My first dietitian visit is next week along with the psych evaluation. Next week I will get the last 2 appointment dates with the dietitian. According to my surgeon's office once I finish the last nutrition appointment, they will send the packet to my insurance for approval that normally takes 2 weeks. Any one else out there that has the same insurance as I do?

8 hours ago, WeGettingThere said:

Hey All! I wanna know how long it took all of you to get your surgeries.

I'm talking like FIRST doctors appointment to OPERATING ROOM.

Also, what insurance do you guys have? :)

From initial weight loss seminar getting information until surgery date was 8 months. From initial surgeon meeting until surgery date was 4 months. I have Humana insurance.

Edited by GradyCat

That's what I'm talking about! Fight the power! lol.
Nah but seriously, good for you. I get discouraged so easily. I would have been moping around.
I bawled and was upset for a couple of days. But BAM, got it done! Haha!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app