Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In a month I only lost 6lbs :’(

I am 5 months post-op tomorrow. Since December 17th-January 16th I only lost 6lbs! Is that normal?

I am 5 months post-op tomorrow. Since December 17th-January 16th I only lost 6lbs! Is that normal?
Hi, I just posted I'm 3 months after surgery and have only lost 17 lbs. My heart goes out to you and I don't think your 6 lbs loss is normal. Do you have any other health conditions? What was your day of surgery weight?

Sent from my SM-J727P using BariatricPal mobile app

30 minutes ago, jultrim18 said:

Weight loss will slow down after the first months. yep normal.

Some people heal more quickly than others. You may still be very swollen inside. It will happen. Good luck!

43 minutes ago, jultrim18 said:

Yes it's normal, I lost 3 lbs last month and I am very happy with that. Do i wish it was a little more yeah but I'll take it. In the end it all adds up to goal. I have thyroid issues so I really didn't expect to lose this amount of weight so quickly.

Please don't get discouraged, you are doing good!

You may have hit a stall. A loss is a loss. Keep in mind that the surgery is just a tool and we do all the work. It would be the same for any weight loss. As Wanda said.. it all adds up to your goal, no matter how long it takes. The slower the better sometimes, the turtle always wins the race :)

Many times the less you have to lose, the slower it starts to come off as well.

If you stay consistent the weight seems to come off, it is just not as fast as we want it to.

Many times the less you have to lose, the slower it starts to come off as well.
If you stay consistent the weight seems to come off, it is just not as fast as we want it to.
THIS, totally! I am a slow loser and the surgeon told me that as long as weight is in decline, even if only 2-4 pounds a month, we are good. Now, I have a lot less to lose than some, but he told me I am a slower loser. However, the health benefits have been remarkable for me. I'm losing inches and clothing and ring sizes, too. He told me to not worry unless I stall and lose nothing for more than TWO whole months, OR if I gain. Then he made me promise to only weigh every four weeks. Remember, loss will taper off and slow the farther out you get. [emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

According to your stats, you're pretty close to your goal. From what I've heard, the closer you get to goal, the harder it's going to be to lose the weight. Do you still track all of your food, Water, exercise, etc? If so, can you provide us with an example of a typical day for you?

I totally feel you. I'm in the same boat. The closer you get to your ideal weight your body will slow down. WLS is just a starting tool now it's up to us with this brand new tool to use it properly. I can honestly say I have never been able to loose weight and keep it off. Let alone loose 48 lbs. as of today. Heavy my whole life and now being able to restart my lifestyle over. Be patient with yourself is what I keep telling myself over and over.

Totally normal!

Here are my month by month stats. I wasn't happy with month 6 but it passed and if you look at my month 5, I also lost 6lbs, I was happy! :)

Uk here so stones and lbs

May 14th 20.5 surgery weight

June 14th - 18.11 - 22

July 14th - 18.2 - 9

August 14th - 17.8 - 8

September 14th -17.0 - 8

October 14th - 16.8 - 6

November 14th - 16.6 - 2

December 14th - 16.1 - 5

January 14th - 15.10 - 5

- 65lbs so far!

As others have said, it is very normal! Is it frustrating? I am sure, but at least you are still losing! 6 lbs is still 6 lbs. Celebrate even the small victories, and don't give up! I think you are still doing great. :)

On 1/16/2019 at 4:42 AM, sophie11 said:

Hi, I just posted I'm 3 months after surgery and have only lost 17 lbs. My heart goes out to you and I don't think your 6 lbs loss is normal. Do you have any other health conditions? What was your day of surgery weight?

I think you are among many who have only lost 6 lbs or less a month, myself included. I have only lost 14 lbs since my date of surgery. Don't worry!

On 1/16/2019 at 4:42 AM, sophie11 said:

I think you are among many who have only lost 6 lbs or less a month, myself included. I have only lost 14 lbs since my date of surgery. Don't worry!