Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well they usually do carry it, keep looking, it should still be on the "frozen" mod, at least in my local #2149.

18 hours ago, Sophie7713 said:

kygirl - absolutely love your graphic icon! Hang in there - it WILL get better! Your feelings are totally understandable and normal.

Give your new tummy/stomach grace as it needs to heal from the trauma and all liquids is soothing and key internally. You are in the most daunting phases, no doubt. It was in those times I'd review my bullet list reasons for having surgery. And, when your eating phase does progress - cottage cheese never tasted better! ;]

Another hope and promise, at least for me, was to purchase two excellent, quality food bariatric cookbooks by Sarah Kent. I hated all the artificial tasting liquids from too sweet, bland or chalky. It gave a glimpse into favorite dishes edited for the new sleeve tummy. I have used her cookbooks through-out all phases which made things bearable. I am currently in week 5 of soft foods which I and my husband (fit and lean) are enjoying together. I am only able to eat ¼ cup at each meal, but again understanding the healing process of this vital organ while encouraging it to slowly regain its' function to digest + absorb solid foods for caloric health and well being.

kygirl, I have found that this surgery is not for the faint hearted. It requires much grace toward your body and a determined kind of patience. Ergo, be good to yourself and pace accordingly. Tomorrow and the future will indeed take care of itself. You can do this! It will get better...

Thank you so much for your reply!...very comforting :) I do feel better today mentally and will continue to visit this forum for encouragement! I will take a look at the cookbooks you mentioned as well. Here's to a successful and awesome 2019!

Do you guys feel very full/uncomfortable after eating? Feel full quickly?

On 1/14/2019 at 11:45 PM, anonbaribabe said:

Great suggestion on the cookbooks! Just bought both—can't wait for them to get here, gotta love Amazon Prime one-day shipping!

I just did the same thing!!! My surgery is Jan 23rd...just a couple of more days. I'm already sick of shakes! I'll be glad when that part of the diet is over.

Hi Sweet100 - Many best wishes on your upcoming surgery! Both Sarah Kent cookbooks contain so many helpful hints and information for all stages of your new eating plan, including right after surgery. I am currently in the soft food menu's that are delicious, healthy and low calorie. As for myself, I found pursuing and planning from the books for the next stage very helpful, hopeful and inspirational. Many of the recipes will remain staples in reaching my goal and beyond! Be well and take good care, Ms. Texas Sweet100! ;]

It was so sad to lose my best friend. She never rejected me, abandoned me, or bored me. She was delicious and exciting and she filled all the empty spaces in me. I had a huge, huge cry about losing her. (Food) So now I have to either replace her with many, many other activities or simply let her go. It's hard. I dont know if anyone else loved her as much as I.

Sent from my SM-G892U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had my surgery on Jan 9th too! My doctor put me on two weeks of clear liquids which included milk. This has been key for me...I take a four cup measuring cup and pour in three cups of FairLife skim milk (13 grams per serving) and mix that with one bottle of chocolate (or vanilla) Pure Protein Drink (30 grams per serving). This equates to 69 grams of protein and 35 ounces of liquid. I pour some in a glass and drink one in the morning and one in the afternoon and finish the little bit that is left later in the day. It is like drinking chocolate milk around the clock! I am getting in my 60+ grams of Protein a day and taking in a decent amount of liquids as well. Maybe this will be something you can do to mix up the liquids that you are currently taking in.

Edited by PattyvSG

I just had my surgery 1/14/19 and I have the same feelings! Surgery went smooth, I was up and walking right away, able to drink Water and Protein Drinks without any problem, can eat 8 oz of Soup with no issue. So then I started second guessing - "Did I make the right choice? What if I don't lose any weight and I have done this to my body? Why am I able to drink and take in Protein and other liquids with no problems at such large amounts 3-4 days out from surgery?" .... I keep telling myself to trust the process and not to worry but it is hard!

We are surgery twins! I’m also from WV :). It’s normal. I felt the exact same way. It’ll get better too. If you need to chat, drop me a line.

We are surgery twins! I’m also from WV :). It’s normal. I felt the exact same way. It’ll get better too. If you need to chat, drop me a line.
What parts of WV is everyone from? Would be nice to find a local support system! I'm in Martinsburg and was sleeved 10/22.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 1/22/2019 at 6:40 AM, PattyvSG said:

I had my surgery on Jan 9th too! My doctor put me on two weeks of Clear Liquids which included milk. This has been key for me...I take a four cup measuring cup and pour in three cups of FairLife skim milk (13 grams per serving) and mix that with one bottle of chocolate (or vanilla) Pure Protein Drink (30 grams per serving). This equates to 69 grams of protein and 35 ounces of liquid. I pour some in a glass and drink one in the morning and one in the afternoon and finish the little bit that is left later in the day. It is like drinking chocolate milk around the clock! I am getting in my 60+ grams of Protein a day and taking in a decent amount of liquids as well. Maybe this will be something you can do to mix up the liquids that you are currently taking in.

That sounds delicious! Thank You :)

Way to go, Ms. kygirl!!!!! What brand is your pure Protein chocolate? I detest all the artificial and chalky brands I've tried and quickly tiring of...

10 hours ago, Sophie7713 said:

Way to go, Ms. kygirl!!!!! What brand is your pure Protein chocolate? I detest all the artificial and chalky brands I've tried and quickly tiring of...

Have you tried Pure Protein - It is sold almost anywhere...WalMart, costco, Kroger, Publix, WalGreens, etc? When I do the Fairlife-Pure Protein combo noted in my earlier post, it takes just like chocolate milk (to me anyway). I use the 11oz bottles, 30g of protein, and 1g of sugar carton.

Hi there! I'm a 21st Jan sleever in the same situation as you. Hoping the pizza my kids ordered in would disgust me, but it didn't. Also delving into research I didn't see before surgery on long term outcomes...then remembering I'm unique and was 44BMI pre-surgery, up from 35 BMI 9 years ago, and relatively well considering, so I'm not in those big risk centiles. Still blows my mind I had major bits cut off instead of hitting the gym, then sensible head weighs back in to remind me how that never worked and even dietician was baffled how I got here when I gave a full and honest account of daily diet.

Please rant and doubt however much you need. Decisions get better the more we examine them and just because you can't reverse isn't a reason to shut up and put up. In future they may untangle all the electrics, hormones, thousands of genes that change with the surgery and synthesize a way to save folk the knife. In the mean time you have bought yourself a dramatic decrease in the risk of leaving the people who love you too early. That is courageous, as is the work you are doing now to make the best of it.

Finally...hugs. It can be so lonely

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk