Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do people weigh themselves after surgery ?

I was wondering how often everyone weighs themselves after surgery. I don't want to be scale obsessed but I know I will be curious to know my weight ... but I also do not want to get discouraged by checking my weight too much!

I weight everyday because I have no self-control...I'm trying to get better :) Ideally, I would weigh once a week on the same day/time upon waking up.

My surgeon and the support program wanted me to weigh every day...I was provided a wifi scales for which weight would load (by bluetooth) to an app that their office has access to. I don't weigh officially everyday and only weigh on the wifi scales once a week. I weigh on my own everyday, I don't let myself become upset with the daily ups and downs, its a fact that even when we are losing weight there will be days when the scales are up due to many things such as hormones, dehydration/rehydration, Fluid retention, inflammation, Constipation etc. As long as the weekly trend is downwards or even the same (there are stalls sometimes) its all good as far as I am concerned.

I always weigh myself on waking up after going to the toilet.

I weigh once a week

i ty[ically weigh daily.. just to see where its going but i officially weigh once a week. i have gotten better and do a few times a week instead of daily. my goal is to only weigh weekly.

I tried weighing once a week and even had my husband hide the scale from me until Monday mornings, but ultimately I ended up weighing every day. The first three weeks post-op went GREAT on the scale, but the last two weeks, since starting eating food other than liquids, I haven't lost an ounce and it's killing me, but I know to just be patient and that I'm not doing anything wrong or eating too much, it's just my body adjusting to food with my new stomach

I lost 20 lbs in the first two weeks. I hit a stall my third and fourth week. I’m on a semi regular diet now and starting a work out program. Hopefully I’ll start to see the scale move down again.

With the exception of the first month, where I'd weight 2 or 3 times/week, I weigh myself weekly.

On 1/12/2019 at 8:12 PM, 2shea said:

I weigh on my own everyday, I don't let myself become upset with the daily ups and downs, its a fact that even when we are losing weight there will be days when the scales are up due to many things such as hormones, dehydration/rehydration, Fluid retention, inflammation, Constipation etc. As long as the weekly trend is downwards or even the same (there are stalls sometimes) its all good as far as I am concerned.

I always weigh myself on waking up after going to the toilet.

This ... except the scale can sometime go up after a week, it it is still ok!

The key is having perspective. Over the long term you will lose weight. But in the short term, you cannot expect to lose weight every single day. If you can except that, then weigh as often as you'd like.

I weigh myself every other day in the morning before Breakfast. This helps me to stay on track.

I weigh once a week, on the same scale, wearing the same shoes, similar clothes, at the same time...etc... I work in a gym, so we have a nice scale, and I weigh-in every Monday before I eat Breakfast. I have weighed daily before, and it just messed with my head too much.

At my three month post op, my surgeon made me promise to weigh only once a MONTH. I am a bit scale obsessed and maybe that's why. His logic was that we get overconfident and can justify overeating when we see the weight coming off...or we can get too frustrated when we don't see the numbers we want. It makes sense to me. He said concentrate on the process and follow the rules, and weigh once a month. Now the sad part? I had to have the hubby literally hide the scale. Lol! I've been annoyed these first few days ...but I'm starting to like it!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app