Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it safe to drink Smooth Moves twice in a day if it's been 12 hours? I am getting mixed responses from my non-WLS friends. lol. Package doesn't say anything specific.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

I have used that tea plenty in the past but only twice since surgery. I wouldn't do it more than once every 24h. After the tea, if things aren't moving along, I take a stool softener. If things still aren't moving along and are very uncomfortable, I do MOM.

The senna in the tea can be every bit as potent as the medication. I don't think doubling up will make it work faster but it will increase the cramping. Hope everything comes out OK! *wink*

I feel pretty confident, like this is my wheelhouse. Plant medicine is still medicine.

No, bae.

You should not. It's a stimulating laxative. It will cause muscle contractions in the abdominal & bowel area. Don't chance it today. Tomorrow is a new day. Some info attached for your consideration. But why do you want more doses?

Screenshot_2019-01-12-19-50-33.png

Screenshot_2019-01-12-19-51-26.png

Screenshot_2019-01-12-19-53-41.png

Screenshot_2019-01-12-19-53-59.png

Screenshot_2019-01-12-19-54-34.png

Screenshot_2019-01-12-19-54-54.png

I took swift Kriss ( also a senna product) at 6pm.. the dosage is 2 tablets and i only took 1. by 4 AM.. NOTHING was working I then took 2 more( the recommended dosage) and by 11am it worked, but it was not pleasant like other times where it made it easier.. I need to figure something out.. I am going back to banana pancakes with coconut flour tomorrow. Last time i ate those i went every day.. today i was ok but not the best experience. I am not sure Smooth Move will help any as i believe it moved it but was not any easier to expell.

I hadn't pooped in 13 days, but the senna plus 8 stool softeners made it happen about an hour ago. I'm good now. Thanks all.

I just need to learn that 8-17 days without poop is my normal and not to push it.

If you are that constipated try taking a dose of Miralax everyday until you start having more frequent movements. Once you are going every day or every other day then reduce the dose to every other day and see how you fare.

Your body can become dependent upon stimulant laxatives.

8-14 days is not normal to go without having a bowel movement.

Discuss a bowel regimen with your surgeon or doctor if you are now chronically constipated as this issue is not unique to you. Many of us have this issue post op.

If you are that constipated try taking a dose of miralax everyday until you start having more frequent movements. Once you are going every day or every other day then reduce the dose to every other day and see how you fare.
Your body can become dependent upon stimulant laxatives.< br> 8-14 days is not normal to go without having a bowel movement.
Discuss a bowel regimen with your surgeon or doctor if you are now chronically constipated as this issue is not unique to you. Many of us have this issue post op.
I've already discussed it with both surgeons in my office. I even went to the ER at Day 10 once and there was no poop in me at all, as shown on a CT scan. They said it's unusual but if I have no discomfort not to worry about it. I eventually went at Day 17. Usually I go at Day 8, but it's been about 13 days so I decided to try some laxatives. A small amount came out. I'm good.

I was on laxatives for a week leading up to the ER visit, including suppositories. Then when the ER said I had no feces much less an impaction, the surgeon's decided I shouldn't be arbitrarily taking laxatives when I am not producing any waste because all it was doing was making my stomach hurt... Miralax and Colace.

Well, not much in , not much out, guess that makes sense. But Mousecat88, I still think,you have hidden pockets somewhere, tain't
logical is it?

Smooth Move at night is best I only have one cup. Sometimes every other night. But remember you have to find what is working for you. Plus if you are eating less you poop less

Yeah, I eat 250 calories a day, mostly non-solids, so I think it's just all being utilized?

I don't think I would be able to work at work at only 250 calories a day. I aim for 800 calories and 80 grams of Protein a day sometimes I can get there sometimes not.

I've taken a capful of Miralax every day for probably three years. My PCP said it was fine - it doesn't cause dependency like some other laxatives do.