Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I hope you are all well and reaching your goals, new year... new you, Just wondering what type of exercise ppl are doing, how many day a week, for how long?

I lift wts heavy 3 x wk, Lift light 2x followed by yoga or pilaltes. I hate the dreadmill but I do it because its so cold out and I can do a 5k on the dreadmill.

Up until I broke my feet, I was doing Pilates reformer once a week, working with my trainer once a week, and doing either treadmill or bike 4x/week.

So here is my average week:

Monday - Fencing lesson and class (I fence foil competitively on a national level) 2.5-3 hours

Tuesday - Cross fit/ Olympic Lifting class 1 hour

Wednesday - Repeat Monday without the lesson

Thursday - Repeat Tuesday

Friday - 1 hour Reformer Pilates. An Hour of upper body and ab related lifting

Saturday - 1 hour Cross Fit/Olympic lifting class

Sunday - Tournament Day (fence 3+ hours) or agility and upper body and plyo at the gym.

Some weeks I have regular doubles - so today I did my Olympic Lifting Class and then did a fencing lesson. Tomorrow I'll have a tournament. I'm probably in the gym/working out 15-20 hours a week. I work full time, I have two kids (one in college, one in hs) and a husband. If I don't work out, I get nasty fast.

right now i am doing ballroom dance lessons 3-4 days a week. I want to join a gym but want to go for personal training. I am tryng to make a decision between Golds Gym (Fitness CF- for central florida) or LA Fitness. I need to find out if either gym has a contract for personal trainers and then decide from there. I do not need the gym for cardio as i get cardio from the dance studio and have a treadmill at home. I will figure this out by the end of next week.

Ballroom dancing, now there's something very neat about doing that!

Hi there! My hat off to you for staying active! I am a little over 5 months out. I am a July sleever. I work out everyday. I am doing something. I love to dance as opposed to the usual boring exercises. I ordered Shaun T's Cize workout on Beachbody.com and have fallen in love with it! It is different levels of dance regimens at different levels. You learn new dance routines, step by step guide, hot music and it is so fun! I recommend it to anyone who ask!

I am planning to order the Rocking Body workout as well, which is dance routines also. I do push ups, etc. I have lost over 65 lbs and to be honest my skin is sagging a bit and it is hard to see my body toning up, however you can feel it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I WALK EVERY DAY 4 MILES AT LEAST NO DAYS OFF EVERY DAY IS A MUST FOR ME AS I DONT WANNA GET STAG NET OR FEEL LIKE IM NOT PUTTING THE EFFORT THAT THIS TOOL REQUIRES I SPENT THE MONEY THAT WAS NOT EXTRA TO DO THIS FOR ME TO GET HEALTHY OLD HABITS DIE VERY HARD AND IM TRYING TO CREATE NEW HABITS FOR MY NEW HEALTH PLAN

I have been doing spin classes 6 days a week (2x on Wednesdays). Once I am approved to weight train, I am going to begin immediately (although I sort of started already, but very light weights and high reps). I also plan to join orange theory and probably do that twice a week in place of spin and usual weight training. Anything that will get my heart rate up to around 80% max will work in my book. I blessed in that I always enjoyed the gym and working out. I always felt the cardio and strength benefits from the gym, I just never saw any real weight loss as a result of my efforts. As a new sleever, I am starting to imagine the possibility of getting those strength and cardio benefits while actually losing weight!!!!

I am not a new sleever, but I have been doing the beachbody on demand videos, I love it. Right now I am challenging/killing myself and I have started with the 22min Hard Corps Boot camp series....I basically cry at the TV for 22 mins every day - lol

3 minutes ago, sleevedjohnson16 said:

I am not a new sleever, but I have been doing the beachbody on demand videos, I love it. Right now I am challenging/killing myself and I have started with the 22min Hard Corps Boot camp series....I basically cry at the TV for 22 mins every day - lol

I was going to order the PiYo on DVD as well as Rockin Body from Beachbody. I have a feeling I maybe crying to if I do the PiYo or even try the Insanity. Kudos to you!

4 minutes ago, sleevedjohnson16 said:

I use an app called BodBot Monday through Friday. It's sort of like having a personal trainer in your pocket! I also have a desk elliptical that I use every day for at least half an hour, and I'm looking to get back into ballroom dancing with my husband.

I Spin 4x a week and try to walk 10k steps a day . Doing light weights for now - exercise will make u feel good but won’t cause weight loss - focused on Protein and liquids .